II/01

One Month Later

"I see I may have a stalker on my hands." Montana happens to look up from his glass of whiskey seeing the bartender Wren.

He chuckles bringing the glass of whiskey to his lips, "Who? Point em out." He sips the last of the liquid in his glass.

"You've been here almost every day for the past week, champ." She grabs a cloth to wipe down the counter.

"That may be the case. But how would you know I been here? How I know you ain't the one stalking me."

"Well... as I happened to be called out sick my coworker tells me you've been coming here asking for me. And you happen to be here again today."

"I mean it's a club. Who don't like to come to the club to have a drink."

"Not everyday." She shakes her head walking away. Seconds later she comes back with a bottle of water placing it in front of him. "Who knows how many glasses of that you've had."

He smirks, "I ain't drunk or anything, so I ain't have much."

She tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear looking at him. "I happened to look you up on Instagram the other day mister Montana the rapper."

"Oh, so you checking for a nigga?"

"Not even." She shook her head. "Don't let your ego get too much in the way."

"So, you was checking for me and ain't even follow a nigga? Waddup with that?"

"I don't like you like that." She playfully rolled her eyes. "And like I said before definitely not checking for you."

He laughs finding her last statement funny, "You a feisty one."

She shrugs,"Not quite."

"Excuse me, bartender!"

She looks over at the middle aged white man calling out to her, then back to Montana.

"Gone head, don't wanna get you fired."

"Yeah, sure."

He opens the bottled water as he watches Wren conversing with her customer. He takes a big gulp of the water quenching his thirst.

He occupies his time on his cellphone as he scrolled through Instagram. Nothing really was interesting on there, so he decided to get off shooting a quick text to Alyssa.

"Can I ask you a question?" He closes his phone placing his phone in his pocket looking back up at her. "I'm listening."

"Why do you drink everyday?"

"Who says I drink everyday, shorty?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong. But, you have came in here for the past week and you're at the bar and what's there to do then drink? What does drinking do for you anyway?"

"It helps me cope with my anger and a lot of other shit."

"Cope with your anger? From what I've seen from people it only makes that anger worse. Drinking can really effect you and the people around you."

He clenches his jaw. He hated when people would ask him about his drinking. Yeah, he would drink a glass maybe a day but he didn't think he did it everyday. What made him mad is he knew what people were trying to imply and they were incorrect.

"So what's the problem with having just a drink?"

"That's my thing. You don't have just a drink though.."

"You tryna imply I'm a alcoholic, or some shit?"

"I didn't say that." She squinted her eyes, "But obviously you may think I think that. Which I don't necessarily think, because I don't know you or your situation."