forty two

Kori

"And the popcorn is served

"And the popcorn is served." Kori smiles walking over to the couch where Kapri was laying. She plops down next to him handing him the bowl.

"Where the hot sauce?" He asks looking at her.

She chuckles holding the hot sauce bottle up in her other hand, "You know I couldn't forget it." She hands it to him as he opens it pouring it on the popcorn.

They were at his house and it was only three in the afternoon and they wanted to chill because Kori had to work later on that night.

"So," Kori turns facing him sitting Indian style. "I've told you mostly everything about myself and my family. And you know, you've barely told me anything and we've been dating I guess for a few months now. I mean, I get if you don't wanna speak about your family it, it's a sensitive topic but I would love to get to know more about you and where you come from?"

"Aight, what you wanna know that you don't already know?"

"Do you have any siblings? What's your mom and dad like? Where do you see yourself in five years?" She threw out some questions.

"Uh." He cleared his throat. "I'm the only child in my family. My momma is my queen. It's funny cause she kind of reminds me of you." He said and Kori's eyes widened in surprise, "You know, beautiful, caring, annoying at times." She chuckles at the last part. "But she has a good head on her shoulders. My pops he was a good man. He died in the army when I was bout ten. But he was a great dad. Both of them are."

"I can tell," She smiles, "Because they've helped you become an amazing man."

Kapri's face wore a smirk before it turned into a smile as he looked at her. She stared into his eyes before they both leaned in.

Kapri caressed her cheek as his nose touched hers.

"Kiss me."

Kori stares into his eyes for a few seconds before he leans placing his lips on hers as they kissed passionately.

Kori could feel the butterflies forming in her stomach.

Kapri's phone started ringing and they pulled away from the heated kiss smiling looking at each other.

He grabbed his phone checking who was calling before he hit the silent button placing in on the table.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I'm listening."

"I don't mean to sound nosey or anything but are you sleeping with her?"

"Why you ask that?"

"Because I noticed that she calls and text you a lot whenever we're together. And that night at the hospital when she saw you she looked at you as if you were her highschool crush. And that'll kind of be awkward because Kacey is my sister and Montana's her brother and your best friend."