thirty eight

The clocked striked 11:00PM as Kacey made her way into the living room, where the kids had been. It was Maia, Major, and Kaija who was sitting in her rocking chair.

"Okay, time to take a shower, who's going first?" Kacey clasped her hands together looking between her two children.

"Her," Major Was the first to speak up pointing over at his older sister Maia.

"But, I always go first mommy." Maia looked up at Kacey with pleading eyes.

"Guys c'mon, don't make this difficult for me, I already was nice enough to let y'all stay up longer than usually."

"Uh, fine, I guess I'll go." Maia got up from the couch grabbing a pillow throwing it at Major before she took off running up the stairs.

"Mommy!" Major whined.

"Ay, my names Bennett and I ain't in it." She laughs walking over to Kaija who was sleeping, she smiles happily before following after Maia.

Montana had a show to do down in Miami last night and wouldn't be making it back until tomorrow and Kacey wasn't really worried about it because she was trusting Montana. The day of her dads death date she actually took her time to visit him with Kori. Both ladies talked to him for a while before they said their goodbyes. So far, Kacey was feeling good because everywhere she went she felt like their was a presence following her and she knew it was her father.

"You got it, or you need my help?" Kacey asks Maia, who was now in the shower as she handed her a rag.

"Gosh mom, I'm not a kid anymore, I got this." Maia smiles showing her one missing tooth in the front.

"Oh, so because you turning six, you think you grown now huh?" Kacey smiles snapping her neck at her.

"Yep." Maia nodded her head. Kacey just chuckled as she let Maia know if she needed her she'd be downstairs and to just call her if anything. She went back downstairs and peeked over at Major who was watching cartoons on the television, also paying attention to a game on his IPad. Kacey shook her head as she went into the kitchen picking up her phone that started ringing. She looked at the called ID seeing Kapri calling.

She picks up the phone placing it to her ear, "Kapri...hey wassup?" She furrows her eyes brows because it was rare that Kapri was calling her phone.

"....hey Kace, I got some news to tell you before you see it all over social media and shit."

Oh god

What happened? Was all Kacey could think.

"W-What's wrong, did something happen to
Montana?"

She hears him sigh on the other end of the phone.

"He got locked up, Kace."

"Locked up?!" She spoke loudly, "For what?"

"Some shit went down in the hotel last night ..but we got his bail covered and shit, he would be out no later than today."

Kacey rolled her eyes, she was pissed.

"Aight, Okay, But you still have yet to tell me what for?"