II/10

It was around midnight when Kapri was just making it back to the city. He was on his way to Kori's since she hadn't been answering his calls. He couldn't even really enjoy the dinner with Alyssa and Mia since she had been on his mind.

He used his key to get into her apartment as he walked in.

Meanwhile, Kori was in her room wrapped in the sheets as she binge watched one of one. She had been seeing Kapri calling her but didn't bother to respond. When she saw he wasn't going to let up she simply turned her phone off.

Suddenly her room door opened making her sit up wondering who the hell was in her house. She sighed her relief when Kapri's tall figured appeared in the room. She rolled her eyes, grabbing the remote to pause the show.

"Why are you here? Actually—how you get in without a key?"

Kapri shrugged his shoulders, closing the door as he walked in. "I made one."

"You made one?" She reiterated with a scoff, "Well you and the key could turn around and walk right out."

"You really mad at me? Over some dinner?" He folded his arm across his chest.

"It was not just dinner, first you disrespect me on the phone, what, was that to make her feel like were having problems in our relationship? Give her the satisfaction?"

"What are you talking about?"

Kori rolled her eyes not liking how we was trying to play dumb. She felt as if he was trying to embarrass her on the phone since he was in the presence of Alyssa. That was the way she was feeling once she got off the call with him. He had never talked to her that way before.

"Your gonna tell me im tripping and that you're gonna hang up in my face, since when do you talk to me like that? And then you think having dinner with your baby mother or your old entanglement was okay."

"Old entanglement?" He chuckled lightly. He thought it was funny how all of a sudden motherfuckas wanted to use the word.

Kori rolled her eyes at how he decided to comment on the most irrelevant part of her sentence and said, "It was not just dinner, you call that dinner, I call that a date."

"It wasn't no date." He shook his head, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "It was a friendly dinner."

"A friendly dinner? That doesn't even sound right. Kapri stop it, I promise you I'm not jealous of your relationship with her or anything. You could hang with whoever you want, female friend , whatever. But sometimes you be pushing it. You have dinner with her one time and who knows what will happen next time you have dinner. You're there for the baby and I have no problem with that but there are boundaries—and you're definitely overstepping them!" Kori ranted with as she pouted folding her arms across her chest.

"So what you want me to do?" He held his arms out, "Not hang with ha no more? If she wanna hang you want me to tell her no?"

"No." She objected. "I'm saying do it for your child and that's it. All of that other shit gotta stop." Kori didn't think what she was saying was wrong, there are certain things you should and shouldn't do when you're in a relationship especially if a baby mother is involved.

"I've been doing just that though babe. You want me to cut my friendship off with her and I been knowing her before you. That's basically what you telling me, right?"

"You really thought it would be appropriate for you to make bets about dinner or what the fuck ever with your baby mother? Your not single anymore you do have a girlfriend. Plus you're  a grown ass man all I'm saying is make the right decision!"