eight

(Only Montana's point of view)

Montana

"You mad disrespectful

"You mad disrespectful." Montana chuckled taking a sip from his beer.

"What?"Dakota looked up from her phone

"I'm over here talking to you and you all in yo phone." He snatched it out her hand.

"Hey." Dakota frowned. "I was texting Cassandra back." She referred to her sister "I wanted to see if she could take the chicken out the freezer."

"Yeah aight well you can tell her that shit later." He placed her phone in his pockets. "Why'd you leave New York But Cassandra stayed?"

"Me and her are not the same people, she has a life to live and I had mine."

"Okay So What was so important that you had to do that you left without telling me?"

Dakota sighed. "It was my parents. They're not the most comforting or people you want to be around. I didn't wanna go at first because me and you were gonna run away and get away from here." She smiled. "But when I got the scholarship from USC I immediately took it because it was miles away from New York and since it is my hometown I could stay with my aunt.I didn't wanna tell you because I knew you would tell me not to go and that's not wanted I wanted or needed to hear. I was just in my own world and I wasn't thinking about anybody but myself and I'm sorry for not telling you or even reaching out to you. But I'm here now and I'm not leaving."

"I would never tell you not to do something because I didn't want you to that would've been selfish as fuck. I wasn't no nigga on the street I was someone you knew all yo life and I ain't the hardest to talk too."

"Do you forgive me?" Dakota asked.

"I'll think about it." He joked causing her to laugh.

"Nigga you know you love me." She held her arms out scooting over to him.

"I ain't say allat." He laughed.

"But foreal Do you?"

"You know a nigga do." He smiled as he pulled her into a tight hug.

"I miss you so much buggie." She called her by his nickname she gave him.

"Aight now get the fuck outta here with that shit." He said as she laughed throwing her head back.