Molly's Tactics

The shock of losing Mad-Eye hung over the house in the days that followed, some were half expecting to see him stumping in through the back door like the other Order members, who passed in and out to relay news, but Mikayla was trying to decide if she should tell Harry that she had predicted his death. She could tell that Harry felt guilty for what had happened days before and felt that nothing but action would assuage his feelings by working on hunting horcruxes. But it was Moody's own choice to not change the plan, to sacrifice himself for the Order's success. How do you tell Harry Potter that Mikayla and Moody knew what would happen and didn't try to save Mad-Eye.

That Mikayla had been paired with Moody because she was most experienced of the fake potters in intense battle, with an encyclopedia of spells in her head at all times, and most likely to survive after his immediate demise. That she used Moody as a shield, to hide her so that she could get a surprise attack on Voldemort himself, to give herself some sort of advantage. She knew that Harry would blow up at her, and she deserved it, someone needed to give her a good grilling because Moody's death felt like she had committed the murder herself for not trying to stop it, at least once. That's what she had promised Fred, isn't it? To try and save everyone once, and after that it's up to fate.

Ron, Mikayla and Harry were sitting at the breakfast table together. Arthur and Bill had just left for work, Molly had gone upstairs to wake Hermione and Ginny, Fred and George have gone to the Owl office to send off their orders, while Fleur had drifted off to take a bath. Harry voiced his guilty thoughts and how much he wants to leave and start searching for Horcruxes. "Well, you can't do anything about the-" Ron mouthed the word Horcruxes, "-till you're seventeen. You've still got the Trace on you. And we can plan here as well as anywhere, can't we? Or," Ron dropped his voice to a whisper, "d'you reckon you already know where the You-Know-Whats are?"

Harry immediately shut down Ron's theory, stating that he didn't know where the Horcruxes were. "I think Hermione's been doing a bit of research," Ron stated absently mindedly, a blush forming on the tips of his ears at the thought of their bushy haired friend. Ron and Hermione have become quite close lately, they don't bicker as much, but enjoy a lighthearted debate over minuscule things every now and again. Mikayla has noticed the flirtatious aura around the pair more than ever, Ron has become a lot more attune with Hermione's emotions and how to tackle each appropriately.

Mikayla has no clue how Ron is all of a sudden so empathetic towards Hermione, but she knows the why and she's absolutely ecstatic that he finally going to actively pursue Hermione and show her just how much he cares for her. "Yeah, she said she was saving it for when you got here, Harry." Mikayla added when Ron seemed to be getting lost in his lovesick thoughts again. "The Trace'll break on the thirty-first," Harry began while playing with the food on his plate, "that means I only need to stay here four days. Then I can-" Ron immediately cut in saying that they have to wait for five days, because they can't miss the wedding or his family will kill them.

"It's one extra day, Harry. The world won't fall apart if you wait one more day." Mikayla tried with a small smile as she rested her hand on his shoulder to provide comfort.  "Don't they realise how important–?" Ron once again interrupted Harry before he could begin a rant, "of course they don't! They haven't got a clue. And now you mention it, I wanted to talk to you about that..." Ron glanced toward the door into the hall to check that Mrs. Weasley was not returning yet, then leaned in closer to Harry and Mikayla. "Mum's been trying to get it out of me and the girls. What we're off to do. She'll try you next, so brace yourself. Dad and Lupin've both asked as well, but when we said Dumbledore told you not to tell anyone except us, they dropped it. Not Mum, though. She's determined."

Harry looked to Mikayla for confirmation, and the blonde immediately nodded. "If she won't give up and tries to persuade you using the whole concerned parent thing, just bring up my mission and how no is trying to stop me from fulfilling that. She'll drop it quick enough." Mikayla offered, which Ron revealed that he and Hermione have been using that tactic as well and that he felt quite guilty about it. "Everyone is so afraid to tell me what to do, or criticise my decisions because they think that I'll explode at them if they do. I won't, but they don't want to test it." Harry nodded slowly, committing the information to memory.