Muggleborns On Trial

To Harry's relief that when the lift stopped briefly at Level two, that Ron alone stepped inside, albeit a soaked and wide-eyed Ron. "M-morning," Ron stammered to Harry as the lift set off again, causing Harry to look at him curiously before realising that Ron didn't recognise him. "Ron, it's me, Harry!" Harry whispered causing Ron to turn to look at him, "Harry! Blimey, I forgot what you looked like..." His eyes scanning the lift for someone else, "why isn't Hermione with you?"

Harry explained that Umbridge had taken her to the courtrooms to act as a stenograph, and how they're going to head down their now together for Ron to comfort 'wife' Mary. The doors of the lift opened once again after it suddenly came to a stop. In walked Mr. Weasley talking with an elderly witch whose blonde hair was teased so high it resembled an anthill. "... I quite understand what you're saying, Wakanda, but I'm afraid I cannot be party to-" Mr Weasley cut himself off at the sight of Runcorn, aka Harry, giving him a dirty distrusting look. The lift doors closed and the four of them trundled downward once more.

"Oh hello, Reg," said Mr. Weasley, looking around at the sound of steady dripping from Ron's robes. "Isn't your wife in for questioning today? Em, what's happened to you? Why are you so wet?" Ron explained that Yaxley's office was raining and that he was encouraged to fix it before his wife's trial. As he spoke, Ron stared at his father's shoulder out of fear that he's recognise him if they made eye contact, "I've sorted it out now, Runcorn here is escorting me to the courtrooms to see Mary." Ron added, Arthur eyed Harry with an immense dislike, yet curious what Runcorn was up to.

They reached the floor where Arthur's friend, Wakanda was getting off, the old witch departing immediately feeling uncomfortable in the tense lift. Before the lifts could close, Percy Weasley strode in with his nose buried in some papers that he was reading, blissfully unaware on who he just walked into. Percy glanced up as the lift began to move, seeing Mr. Weasley caused him to turn radish red, and leave the lift the moment the doors opened again.

Once it was just the three of them, Arthur decided to get a dig in on Runcorn, "I hear you had information about Dirk Cresswell." Harry pleaded ignorance, although made it come off as fake to avoid suspicion. "Don't pretend, Runcorn," Mr. Weasley spat fiercely, making Ron shrink away in the background a bit. "You tracked down the wizard who faked his family tree, didn't you?"

Harry remembered the kind of man that he was impersonating, and decided with the arrogant response of asking Arthur why did it matter. "Dirk Cresswell is ten times the wizard you are," Mr. Weasley stated quietly, noticing Ron's discomfort of being stuck in the small space with them as the lift sank ever lower, "and if he survives Azkaban, you'll have to answer to him, not to mention his wife, his sons, and his friends-" Harry interrupted Arthur, asking if he's aware that his every move is being watched.

"Is that a threat, Runcorn?" Arthur hissed as the lift came to a stop on the Atrium floor, "no. It's the truth, they think that you'll give sanctuary to Harry Potter and Mikayla Black, that you'll lead them right to the two kids. Just be careful and take care of your family." Arthur's eyes widened in realisation, quickly nodding as he left the lift looking incredibly shaken. He looks to Cattermole with a new found longing look, "be safe, son." Arthur whispered before the gate grills close again. "How did he-" Ron cut Harry off, "Mikayla must've told them that we'd do this, just incase something went wrong." Harry nodded his head in agreement.

When they arrive on the horrid Level Nine, Ron and Harry step out of the lift together and an eerie shiver trickles down their backs at all the terrible memories that they associated with this level of the Ministry. The walls lined with shiny black tiles that act as mirrors to the darkness that this level reflects, Harry lightly grabbed the shoulder of Ron's jacket dragging him to the courtrooms. Harry felt like Runcorn was a very hands on employee, and took great joy in man-handling everyone he could.