Rodney's Sentence

CW: References to Sexual Abuse of a Child and Murder

Mikayla took a moment after telling Fred about how she was sexually abused by her uncle Rodney when she was six years old. Both her and Fred had tears rolling down their checks, Fred opened up his arms towards her, wanting nothing more to hold onto her forever and keep her safe. Mikayla burrowed herself into his chest, needing nothing more than to be held by the man she loves as they cry and internally process what had happened to her, they are each other's crutch of comfort. She took the time to recollect herself as she could feel bile rise up her throat at the memory that she had buried for over a decade.

It took almost half a hour for Mikayla to resurface from Fred's hold, she made no move to erase the tear trails down her cheeks, because she hadn't finished telling the whole story of that haunting September. "If it wasn't for Peppy, my whole life would've been destroyed that day. She found a way to send my letter to Mam before it's destruction." Mikayla explained how Peppy knew the letter was too important to go undelivered, concerned for the young blonde who had just laid on the floor as her bed burned to the ground and her room filled with smoke. Cassetta hadn't put a timeline on when Peppy had to destroy the letter by, meaning that she could send it to Enya as long as it was destroyed after.

"Peppy placed a charm on the letter to burst into flames 5 minutes after Mam broke the wax seal of the envelope. As soon as my Mam read the letter, she abandoned her field research team to come to my rescue, almost lost her job over it." Mikayla remembered Enya's predecessor for the Head of St. Mungo's Spell Damage Department, Philip Strout, barging into the Manor the next day demanding an answer for Enya early departure. Enya brought him into the library, where Mikayla and Avery were quietly doing a puzzle, and explained what was so urgent for her to return home. Strout immediately gave Enya the rest of the week off to be there for her daughter.

Enya's only work requirement was to file a report on what she had discovered before the letter arrived.  Strout watched over the girls as Enya got in contact with Fergal, and set up temporary housing arrangements until they found a new home. He made a point of asking the girls a variety of questions about the puzzle they were piecing together, about the different types of people that it showcase as well as the different type ecosystems displayed throughout the puzzle. Mikayla would never forget how he spoke to them, he didn't simplify his language as he spoke to the two six year-olds, or dismiss their thoughts on the topics he discussed. All of which were centred over the UNICEF's 200 piece 'Friendship Circle' puzzle that Enya's had since she was young.

Enya did all the packing, she left the girls' rooms relatively untouched, the only thing she gathered from their rooms was their clothes

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Enya did all the packing, she left the girls' rooms relatively untouched, the only thing she gathered from their rooms was their clothes. Enya decided that it would be easier to just replace everything else, letting the girls start over and create somewhere they felt safe in their new home. Fergal wasn't happy with Enya's decision to pack up and leave Carra Manor. He tried to convince his wife that she was making a big deal of Rodney's crime, that he had done no damage to Mikayla as he hadn't actually penetrated her. That her innocence was untainted and that he saw no reason as to why they must report his older brother to the authorities. Mikayla could still hear the echoes of their argument in the drawing room.

In The Fight To Survive (Golden Trio Era) {4}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें