Dream Designs

Mikayla and Fred stood in the Manor's small ballroom next to the library with Penelope and Kingsley. The wedding was in four days, and they wanted to give Mikayla a distraction from her wallowing mood. Today they planned on decorating the entire ballroom room, so they had time to make some changes depending how it came out. Mikayla had drawn up plans a week ago taking as much inspiration as possible from Penelope's dream wedding scrapbook, while making sure that a part of Kingsley was incorporated as well. Penelope cried when Mikayla showed her what she had come up with, even Kingsley looked taken aback by how on the nose Mikayla had gotten it.

Fred smirked, stating that she would have a future in event planning after the war, while Mikayla made sure to inform them that it would take most of the day to make it a reality. "We should get started now, the only thing that won't be done today is the flower arrangements, I'll magic them the morning of the wedding so that they're fresh. I also made plans for the ceremony, if we get through this quicker than I anticipated then maybe we can get a start on that." Mikayla pulled out the plans she made for the ceremony's décor, she had actually quite enjoyed the design aspect of making a wedding happen. She had plenty of practice making design choices, as she almost filled a sketchbook with what she hopes her dream home will look like after her mission is over.

Mikayla has dreamed up hundreds of ways that she's going to transform her home for each holiday occasion. She wanted their home to be somewhere safe that was full of life and activity, like how the Burrow felt. These plans were going to be her way of helping her inner child heal it's brokenness piece by piece as she grows older, while also making sure that her kids would never need to crave more with anything experience-wise. She would not be giving her kids every materialistic thing they want, they would only get the necessities they needed with a small amount of luxuries. She wanted them to learn how to treasure experiences and memories over meaningless fad objects.

"These are amazing, Mikayla, you truly went above and beyond, and we'll be forever grateful for all that you've done for us." Kingsley praised, making a blush creep onto Mikayla's cheeks. "I just wanted to make sure your day was perfect because that's what you are, a perfect pairing." Penelope gushed at Mikayla's words, thanking her for not only putting so much work into creating her dream wedding locations, but for her kind words. "It's nothing less that what you both deserve, and I'm honoured that I get to be a part of your wedding in this special way." Penelope's lip started to wobble again, on the verge of tears which she explains away with the extreme emotional hormones pregnancy has flooded her with. "We should probably get started on bringing these gorgeous plans to life then." Fred suggested with a clap of his hands to show his eagerness and they all got to work.

The Horcrux Hunt trio haven't stopped moving since Mikayla rushed them away last month, they received a Patronus from her the next day giving them a run down of what happened. At the end of it, Mikayla informed them that she wouldn't be visiting them monthly anymore as it was too risky. She knew they didn't need her help, she had given them the blueprints of the Horcruxes just before the Battle of Bishops Wood. They knew what they were looking for, they would have to just have to figure out where they were. Harry has been in a constant bad mood since Mikayla's Patronus, he couldn't even imagine writing Ginny a letter explaining his feelings when the scale has silently tipped in the Death Eaters favour.

For the last month, they have been brainstorming the limitless array of hiding spots that the Horcruxes could be hidden in. The only one they knew the exact location to is Nagini, she's obtainable, but they would be putting their whole plan at risk going for her. She is wherever Voldemort goes, and targeting Nagini will only reveal what they're up to, and he's the last person they want to know. Hermione was still obsessing over the symbol that Dumbledore inked into the books he gave the girls, thinking that it might give them some sort of a lead. Ron is encouraging this obsession, mainly to get back in Hermione's good books, but also because Mikayla had also believed the origin of the symbol was important for their mission.