||𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟||

Navya looked ahead to see her mother-in-law approaching with the Pooja ki thaal. Meera rotated the Pooja thaal around them and applied kumkum between Navya and Vivaan's eyebrows. She then passed the thali to Ayushree and took some red chillies, rotating them around Navya and Vivaan to ward off evil eyes. Passing the red chillies to the butler standing nearby.

"Now come," Meera said, and Vivaan and Navya entered the hall.

Vivaan ensured Navya was comfortably seated, while the rest of the family, except Shlok, gathered around.

"Kaisa lag raha hai ab?" Uma Dadi asked with concern, gently stroking Navya's hair, who smiled before responding.

"Mein thik hoon dadi," Navya replied softly.

"Now go and take rest. I will call you at the time of dinner and dare you step your foot outside without my permission," Meera sternly warned Navya, who nodded with tears glistening in her eyes. These tears weren't for the pain she felt, but for betraying and using a woman like Meera, who had loved her like her own daughter, perhaps even more.

Navya stood up to walk to her room, but Vivaan moved to assist her again. She stopped him with a raised hand.

"I can walk," Navya insisted, though she struggled visibly. Vivaan clenched his fist, waiting for her to take a step, but she kept stumbling. He rolled his eyes at her stubbornness. She knows she can't walk, but still, madam's ego wouldn't let her ask for help. Despite everyone's gaze fixed on them, Vivaan scooped Navya up in his arms, surprising her.

"I don't..." Navya tried to object, but Vivaan cut her off.

"Say another word, and I'll throw you from the terrace," he warned sternly, locking eyes with her as they entered the lift.

"This is not the way to talk to an injured person," Navya retorted, her face scowling.

"It's the only correct way to talk to a stubborn person," Vivaan replied with a smirk. Navya huffed, turning her head away and wrapping her arms around his neck.

On the way to the room, Navya couldn't help but observe Vivaan closely. He seemed different, as if something had changed in him. But what could it be? Why did she feel like she saw concern in his eyes for her?

Vivaan carefully helped Navya lay on the bed and tucked her in with a blanket.

"Rest for now," he said in a slightly commanding tone. Surprisingly, Navya followed his order for the first time and fell asleep, exhausted from the weight of her unknown thoughts. Vivaan gazed at her sleeping face for a few moments before quietly leaving the room.

***************************

The Singhania basement was cloaked in darkness as Shashvat sat in a cell, sharpening the bones of someone. Abhyant and Vivaan entered, bewildered by the scene. They glanced at Karl, who handed them a file, providing clarity.

"Vivek Srivastava," Abhyant mumbled, noting the name of the person whose bones Shashvat was handling.

Shashvat raised his head upon hearing Abhyant's voice, pausing his actions. His empty eyes met theirs, cold and confused.

"Look what I have," he said with a manic tone, displaying the bones of Vivek Srivastava to his brothers.

"The bones of same person who molested Dhriti when she was 13," he added, gritting his teeth and clenching the bones.

"But shashvat, why now? It's in the past, right? He faced punishment," Abhyant questioned, puzzled by Shashvat's sudden desire for vengeance. He didn't oppose Shashvat's actions, but the timing seemed odd.