||𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠||

Many of you may not going to like this chapter..

But this is what I always planned for Reeyant

For this day !!!

____________________________________

Ayushree was pacing around the hall of her friend's flat, nervously twisting her saree pallu. Riya, her friend, who had come to drink water, frowned at her and glanced at the clock on the wall, which showed 11:55pm.

"Madam, is this the time for a midnight jog?" Riya sarcastically asked.

"I'm not jogging," Ayushree replied annoyingly showing her husband's message: "I am coming," which had abruptly disrupted her sleep.

"Kya baat Hain jija ji ka message ?" Riya teased.

"Hogya?" Ayushree asked, her face serious. Riya struggled to contain her laughter. They were both brought up in the same orphanage and had been childhood friends. Riya always found it hard to keep a straight face in front of Ayushree's seriousness.

"He's coming to pick you up," Riya said, trying to stifle her amusement.

"So, what's the problem? He'll come in the morning. Anyway, it's almost a month since..." Riya trailed off, failing to grasp Ayushree's worry.

"Only if you knew," Ayushree whispered under her breath. Just then, Ayushree's phone rang. Seeing her husband's name, Ayushree gulped before answering.

"Your break time is over! Now come down, I'm waiting for you!" Abhyant's voice commanded before Ayushree could reply, and he abruptly ended the call.

Ayushree walked to the window of the flat and slowly opened it, only to see her husband waiting for her below.

"Oh my god! Your husband is so romantic!" Riya's sudden voice startled Ayushree.

"Lucky you," Riya said, while Ayushree rolled her eyes at her friend.

"Aww, how sweet of him to come pick you up at midnight, the correct time when one month completed" Riya gushed over Abhyant, but Ayushree didn't liked it . So, She closed the window, feeling slightly irritated.

"It seems he values punctuality," Riya said, trying to stifle her laughter at Ayushree's scowl. Before Ayushree could retort, they heard the honking of a car, growing louder with each passing second. Ayushree and Riya walked back to the window to see Abhyant impatiently honking.

"Madam, go down, or he'll wake up the entire neighborhood with his horn," Riya said, pushing Ayushree out of her flat. Ayushree narrowed her eyes at her friend. Today, it seemed Ayushree was learning the hard truth that friends were the first to abandon you in times of trouble.

*************************

Ayushree opened the car passenger door and slammed it shut, her face flushed with annoyance.

"Easy, Ayushree. You'll wake up the whole neighborhood," Abhyant said playfully, noticing his wife's agitation.

"Oh, am I? I'm so sorry," Ayushree mocked him, doesn't it him who was trying to wake up the whole neighborhood with the loud honking.

"It's okay, just try not to repeat the mistake," Abhyant replied, starting the car.

"What happened to you ? Couldn't you come in the morning to pick me up?" Ayushree asked irritably.