15: Birthdays (Part 2)

Cody Above: David "Bear" Lawrence

August 15, 2013

Jen's POV

I wake up early to the most annoying alarm clock, even though it's my day off, I still have to get up early. It's my twenty-third birthday and being the responsible adult I am, I rented out a trampoline place for a few hours. I rented the whole space until about three this afternoon. 

I crawl out of the warm sheets and head towards my daughter's room where she's silently sleeping. I crack open the door to see her snuggled up with her baby blanket surrounded by her stuffed animals. Sprinting down the hall back to my room to grab my phone before taking a few pictures of her adorableness. After I set my phone down on the table beside her crib, I gently shake her awake

"Morning, honey," I say when her bright brown eyes crack open. 

"Morwning," she responds half awake.

"It's time to get up and get ready to have a very fun day," I tell her while lifting her out from the mound of stuffed animals and blankets. 

"Otay," she says brightening up. 

I dress her in pink shorts and another multi-colored spaghetti strap shirt before sliding on a pair of sandals. Next, I get her to eat some breakfast which turns out to be not burnt eggs. Then, I brush her hair into a high ponytail before brushing her teeth. I get ready wearing mid-shin spandex-type sporty leggings and a gray t-shirt that has my high school mascot. I brush on light makeup before pulling my hair into a high ponytail and brushing my teeth. 

****

I grab my purse, the car keys, my phone, Taylor's bag after securely strapping her into her car seat. 

Backing out of the driveway, she speaks up and asks,"Where we go?"

"To a trampoline place," I answer.

"Why?" she says, but it comes out to sound like 'I'.

"To celebrate my birthday," I say nonchalantly.

"Hawppy birwthday mommy!" she yells. I swear she can go zero to a hundred energy wise really fast. 

"Thanks, sweetie," I smile at her through my rear view mirror. 

"What we do?" she says curiously. 

"Have a blast," I say excitedly. 

"Yay," she says throwing her hands in the air happily.

We pull into the parking lot that is in front of the place. I specifically had the invitations scheduled for an hour later so I could set up. I loaded the car last night so I didn't have to worry today. I walk in the place with my sunglasses pushed close to my eyes. The girl looks at me and Taylor before saying, "I'm sorry we're closed for the day."

"I know, I rented the place," I smile. 

"Oh are you Taylor A?" she says glancing at her computer. The girl looks no older that maybe eighteen. Her long brunette hair pulled back in braids, perfectly framing her brown eyes. 

"Yes," I say hoping Taylor won't speak up. But when I look over at her I see her staring at the trampoline room.

"Ok, I'm Elizabeth; I am here if you need anything. You are here to celebrate Jennifer's Birthday?" She asks.

"Yeah," I say hoping she won't make a connection or Taylor speaks up and gives away my cover.

"Wow, that's cool. It's Jennifer Lawrence's birthday today too. What are the odds, two Jennifer's in one day," she smiles while walking out from behind the counter. I adjust Taylor on my left hip before following her.