He's gonna kill me!

On the way to the shop I saw people stop, stare and gasp. I had a bruise on my face which really did stand out so I pulled my black hair down to my face trying to cover it up. Having long hair did have its perks.

I walked into the shop and went down the dairy isle.

"Oh my god... Look at her eye" I heard someone say.

"Teenagers fight a lot these days don't they? Probably her fault!" I wanted to scream at the lady who said that. It's my fault my mum died? It's my fault my dad abuses me? It's my fault I'm badly beaten everyday? I felt tears spill down my face and I grabbed a box of eggs and slowly headed for the till. I placed the eggs on the counter and she scanned them.

"£1.20 please dear" She said smiling until I looked at her and she saw my eye. She gasped and leaned closer. "Are you okay?" No, honestly I'm not okay.

"Yeah Im great" I lied handing her the money I had, I grabbed the eggs and headed out the door. I held them carefully and looked at my feet whilst walking. I didn't want anyone else to see me crying and to see my bruises.

I was walking along the pavement until I walked into someone and dropped the eggs. I just stared at them.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" He had an American accent. I just dropped to the floor hoping they didn't crack, I quickly checked them all and every single one was broken. Typical, it had to happen to me! I swear I was cursed.

"He's gonna kill me" I whispered and broke down in heavy tears, I saw him kneel down, he didn't know what to do.

"Hey.. Don't cry! Please? Look I'll give you some money and..."

"It's too late" I whispered. I looked up at him and saw his red hair gently spiked up, he looked really guilty.

"No it isnt! Look I'll come to the shop with you and get you some eggs, then I'll walk you home explaining why you're late" He smiled at me standing up, he extended his hand and I took it so he helped me up. We started walking back towards the shop and I gently wiped the tears away, he looked at me concerned.

"Thank you" I murmured

"What happened to your eye?" He asked, I couldn't tell him the truth. I needed to make a reasonable excuse up and quick.

"Some girl at my school thought I was trying to steal her boyfriend and she punched me" That was quite good actually.

"Oh right, Um, you don't know who I am do you?" He asked laughing, I looked at him carefully. Is he a relative or something? I didn't really know him.

"No sorry" I replied

"I'm a singer... Famous band called My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way? Ring any bells?" He asked smiling, I have heard of that band but never listened to it.

"I've heard of them... Not really listened to the music though. Sorry" He smiled as we stepped into the shop.

"That's fine... It's kind of cool you don't know because you're not screaming" I laughed, first time I have laughed since my mum died. We grabbed some eggs and he paid. We walked back out and walked toward's my house.

"You have awesome hair" I said trying to break the silence, he laughed again as we turned the corner to my house.

"I get told that a lot" I smiled but It soon faded as my dad stood at the front door.

"Where the fuck have you been!? It's been an hour!" I saw Gerard's smile drop and he walked forward to him.

"It's my fault Sir, I walked into her and made her drop the eggs so I brought some more" My dad just looked at him like he was dirt.

"Are you some sort of Pedophile? Cassie get in the house NOW!" I gulped hard and Gerard stared at him.

"No I'm not. Your daughter seems upset and you just order her into the house? Why don't you see what's wrong and act like a father!" I wanted Gerard too leave, I didn't want him to get hurt because of me or my dad. I walked into the house and dad pushed me, I steadied myself so I didn't drop the eggs

"I do what I want, Now get the fuck off my garden"

"How dare you just push her! She's a kid for crying out loud!" My dad stepped out of the door and I quickly ran to the door.

"Thank you for the help and eggs Gerard, come on dad I'll start cooking" the word's rushed out of my mouth and dad grunted at Gerard.

"Leave me and my daughter alone" He spat out and walked inside closing the door. "Get cooking, NOW" He ordered and I ran to the kitchen preparing food.