You Liar!

"Mr Lee, could you please tell the court how the death of the wife affected you" My lawyer asked pacing up and down.

"My wife's death had a big impact on us both, Cassie is very sensitive and she doesn't take in these thing's as easily as others. Of course I was very upset, I think anyone who lost someone very close to them would be. I tried to help myself through her death and Cassie but she just pushed me away when I tried to help" What a liar!

"So how do you think it affected Cassie? Worse than you?" He asked

"Yes it definitely affected her more than me, she had deep depression and her mum helped her through it. But when she died it got worse and she couldn't control herself"

"What do you mean by couldn't control herself?"

"She blamed me for the death, she would hurt herself because of it and even hurt me" He sighed looking down at the floor.

"And how would she hurt you?" My lawyer asked standing still.

"Firstly she got me into drinking alcohol, then she would kick me when I was down... Literally" He replied looking at me.

"So it's true that you did drink, how much would you say you drank a day?"

"Probably about 1-2 beer can's a day"

"That's funny how when the police went to your house, you was drunk and there was beer cans all over the floor" My dad's faced dropped and I felt a smile creep across my face, How would he explain that?

"Cassie ran away and I got upset so I just drank. We didn't have time to clean up the can's so they soon piled up"

"What about the bruises on Cassie's body?"

"Cassie got into a lot of fights at school due to her mothers death and she became extremely violent towards me and herself. She'd punch herself and get others to punch her causing there to be bruises and then blame them on me" He sniffed pretending to hide a tear.

"You liar" I heard someone shout, I turned around too see Mikey stand up and stare at him, I smiled and told him to sit down but he never did.

"Take a seat or leave" The judge told him

"I was there! He grabbed her and was about to slap her but I stopped him!" He shouted and my lawyers eyes widened.

"You witnessed these events?" He asked raising an eyebrow

"Only one" Mikey whispered and sat down, my lawyer look back at dad and took a deep breath.

"The bruises on her body were impossible to do herself, someone did them so you must be lying. And if you knew she was self harming why didn't you get her any help? Surely a concerned father would get help for their ill daughter!?"

"She didn't want the help"

"You would still get it for her though, If it was as bad as this you would take her to counselling sessions no matter what" My dad was silent and the lawyer looked at the judge. "That's all your honour" He said sitting next to me smiling.

"Please leave the court whilst the Jury decides the fate of Mr Lee" The judge ordered, I stood up and walked out of the court. I took deep breath's and felt a hand in mine, I looked up to see Mikey staring at me smiling.

"You did great" He whispered and I hugged him tightly. I cried on his shoulder and he hugged me tight back.

"He lied!" I screamed, "What If he doesn't get sent down?" I sobbed pulling back and Mikey looked at me with hope in his eyes.

"Believe me, he will" He half smiled and I hugged him.

"I'm glad you're here, I wouldn't of made it without you" I Chuckled slightly.

"You're strong Cassie and I know you would've made it without me"

"I honestly wouldn't of" I replied.

"Let's go get something to eat" He smiled and we walked off.

2 Hour's later we all walked back into the court and stood there as one person from the Jury stood up and faced the judge. My heart was racing in my chest.

"What have you decided?" The judge asked

"With all the evidence and both accounts taken into account. We have decided that David Lee is guilty of child abuse" I felt relief hit me and my heart beat slowed down.

"You will be sentenced to 7 years in prison, send him away" The Judge ordered as my dad struggled, I couldn't watch him anymore and just stared at the judge. "Cassie, since your mother is deceased and you father is in prison, do you have anyone close to look after you? Such as an uncle or grandparent?" I looked behind me and saw Mikey smile.

"Yes My uncle" I heard Mikey stand up and walk forward.

"The case is closed, the time is 3:25pm and you all free to leave" I stood up and walked outside and it suddenly looked brighter. I felt someone pick me up and saw Mikey smiling.

"We Did it!" I screamed hugging him

"No Cassie, you did it" He smiled and hugged me. No More abuse! No more pain! But I wouldn't really say I would have a normal life.