I'm Ready

We all walked into the living room and Frank put on a horror film. I sat in between Mikey and Gerard who both sat there ignoring each other. Mikey wanted to adopt me and I'd love him to be my dad because we're so close and he would protect me, but Gerard also want's to adopt me and I know he'll support me and stop drinking. I had the choice in my hand's.

"Frank, why the hell did you pick this?" Ray asked laughing at the movie, to be honest the film was crap. It was too cliché.

"It was suitable for Cassie's age and it looked good on the cover of the case" Frank said smiling innocently, Ray shrugged and carried on watching.

"Um, guy's" Everyone quickly looked at me and stared.

"Is the film too scary?" Frank asked raising an eyebrow, I laughed and they all looked at me with a confused expression on their faces.

"No, it's crap. But I think I'm ready" I looked at Gerard and then at Mikey. They looked so dumb and I laughed.

"Ready for what?" Gerard asked rubbing his head

"Ready to go to the police" I whispered, Mikey jumped up and chucked Gerard the car key's. Everyone else stood up and walked to the door.

"We'll go now to get it out of the way" Mikey said walking outside and hopping into the car, I walked outside and hopped into the car next to Mikey. Frank sat next to me and Gerard drove. Ray sat next to Gerard and they all looked at me.

"You sure you're ready?" Frank asked, I smiled and nodded.

"We'll all be there for you when you tell them" Mikey said holding my hand, Frank grabbed my other and Ray and Gerard just gave me the thumb's up. Gerard started driving and my heart raced more and more until the car stopped and we arrived at the police station, I felt so dizzy and I wanted to cry.

Everyone stepped out of the car and I hopped out taking a deep breath. For a moment I just stared at the police station but Gerard nudged me forward and held my hand whilst Mikey held my other. Why was I scared? I know they was there for me but I just felt like everything was pouring out of me and it felt horrible.

I walked into the police station and up to the desk, the police officer just looked at us all and then at me.

"How can I help you?" He said In a low voice

"I would Like to report a crime" I said In a shaky voice, I squeezed Mikey's and Gerard's hand tightly and my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to faint.

"And what crime would that be?" He raised an eyebrow

"Child abuse" I choked out, I tried to hold the tears back but there was too many, they spilled down my face and Gerard hugged me tightly.

"Come this way" The man spoke, "Only one person is aloud with her" I looked up and saw Gerard nod, he walked me to to a room where the man took us too.

"It'll be okay Cassie" Gerard whispered to me as we both sat down.

"And are you her dad?" The man asked.

"No but I look after her" Gerard replied smiling and the just man nodded.

"Who has abused you?" The man asked

"M...My real dad" I replied staring at the table in front of me.

"Are you currently living with him?" He asked

"She moved in with me, I couldn't let him hurt her anymore" Gerard replied for me as i tried to calm myself wiping my tears.

"Stay here, I know it's hard opening up to a stranger but it's for the best. I'll go and get someone who's more qualified in this area" He said and walked out of the door, I hugged Gerard tightly and cried onto him.

"I know it's hard, but this will all be over Cassie and then I can look after you properly" He whispered in my ear and I held him tighter.