5:Teddy Imagine

You were walking around town with your brother, Chris, and his friend, Teddy. Chris and your dad had been drinking and rampaging again, and neither of you wanted to be around for it.

Despite the situation, you were in a fairly giddy mood. You were skipping ahead of the boys singing as you went along. "I feel pretty! Oh so pretty and witty and gay!"

"Just cuz you feel pretty doesn't mean you are," Chris teased, laughing at his own joke. Teddy laughed a little but not like his usual insane laugh.

You turned around and stuck your tongue out at your brother. "Asshole," you said under your breath. Chris was still reeling over his joke.

You had fallen back to where you were walking at the pace the boys were at. You were walking next to Teddy. Out of your brother's friends, Teddy had always been your favorite. You didn't know why, but he was.

"I think you're pretty," Teddy whispered in your ear.

You felt your face and neck heat up, and you were sure your face was a very bright crimson. "Um.... Thanks," you whispered, shyly. "I think you're very handsome."

"What're you two whispering about?" Chris butted in. "Teddy, leave you dirty jokes for someone that's not my little sister."

You both just glared at Chris. "For your information, asshole, he wasn't telling any dirty jokes, so how about you just mind your own business? And I'm only 18 months younger than you."

This time, Teddy really laughed his dorky, high-pitched cackle, and right then, it was the cutest thing you'd ever heard.

I know West Side Story didn't come out until 1961, but that song sparked the idea for this, so we can all just go with the imagine taking place a few years later or something of that sort. M'kay.

~Mariah