143:Teddy Imagine for @That_Amazing_Angel

For That_Amazing_Angel

//3rd POV//

"This is such a sweet thing you're doing for Ann," her mother gushed. "You know, she has quite the crush on you, and this means so much to her."

Teddy blushed slightly. "It's the least I could do. Especially after all she's had to deal with."

Ann's mom pulled the preteen boy into a hug.

Luckily for him, who was awkward with physical contact, Gordie walked in, looking rather sharp in his Sunday best.

"You ready?"
_____

Nine year old Ann stepped onto the runner rug that lined the 'aisle.' This girl that had been facing some of the worst months of her life, fighting cancer like a champ.

She was wearing a white dress-up princess dress and her mother's wedding veil. She carried a small bouquet of flowers in one hand, and her other arm was linked with Chris Chambers's, as her father had to work that day.

Teddy stood at the end of the aisle, smiling. He took the young girl's hand in his when she and Chris had walked the length of the rug.

"Dearly beloved," Gordie began, looking out at the guests, which were only Ann's mother, Vern, and Chris, who had sat down. "We are gathered here today to join this man-" Gordie looked Teddy up and down condescendingly, garnering laughs from the small crowd. He cleared his throat trying not to laugh himself. "Like I said, man and- let me start over. We are gathered here today to join this boy and girl in holy matrimony."

The rest of the short ceremony proceeded more smoothly.

"You may now kiss the bride," Gordie finally announced. "If the mother of the bride is alright with it, of course."

Ann's mother smiled and nodded her approval.

Teddy leaned down and planted a light kiss on the girl's lips. When he stood back up, Ann was beaming up at him, happiness in her eyes.

"I love you, Teddy."

"I love you too, Ann."

//The Next Week//

Ann's doctor smiled. "How are you doing, kiddo?"

"Oh, just great, Doc! I drew this really nice picture of my parents, an-and then I saw this really pretty dog outside my window! And then I got married to this great boy, and then yesterday my mom let me have extra dessert," Ann practically exploded.

Her doctor chuckled. "Whoa there, little Ann. Did you just say you got married?"

"Oh yeah. Teddy's so nice, and he loves me! We got married just last week. I got to wear a pretty dress, and guess what?" She leaned in.

"What?" Her doctor leaned his ear closer.

"We even kissed!" She whisper-yelled.

That earned another chuckle from her doctor. "Well, isn't that nice."

"It really was," the little girl sighed.

I'm so sorry that it's so short! And that you had to wait so long! And that the end sucks butt.... I was legitimately stuck for a while on this one. I hope you like it even tho I'm an awful human. M'kay.

~Mariah