141:Eyeball Imagine for @_teddyduchamp

For _teddyduchamp

Being best friends had never been enough for you two. After years of trying to find the right time, Eyeball Chambers had finally asked you to go steady with him.

No one was surprised. It was weird to think of you two not being together. Even when you were kids and played family together, it was always y/n and Richard, before he became Eyeball of course. By high school, everyone was more surprised you two weren't going steady yet.

Despite his families reputation and the trouble he had gotten into as a teenager, you stuck by him no matter what. In turn, he was always your shoulder to cry on and your sole confidant when things weren't going right.

Now, you were both out of high school, no longer children, but still as close as ever.

"Richie!" You sing-songed into his apartment. He had called you, asking if you'd come over for the day. There was an arrow taped onto the floor.

On a hunch, you followed it to find another arrow. Then to another. You followed the subsequent arrows into his bedroom.

You smiled when you saw the curly haired man standing in front of you. You embraced him, giving him a quick kiss. "Hey."

He smiled, nervously. "I have something I need to tell you."

Even though you had already guessed his intentions, you wanted to let him do his thing. "Okay. Go ahead."

He stepped back, still holding your hand. "Y/n, you know I love you more than anything. You're beautiful and caring and smart and the best thing that has happened to me." He knelt down on one knee, and despite your correct guessing, you felt a swell of emotions rising over you, tears welling in your eyes. "I want to marry you, Y/n. I want to spend the rest of my earthly life with you. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else." He pulled a ring out of his shirt pocket and held it out.

Lost for words, all you could do was nod. Once he slipped the ring on your finger and stood up, you engulfed him in a hug, letting your tears fall into his shirt. "I love you so much."

He kissed your forehead. "I love you too."

You looked up at him, wiping some tears from your cheeks, and smiled. "I knew it was coming."

He just laughed. "You are always one step ahead of me."

"Only one?" You giggled, pulling him back into a hug.

I hope you liked it! I'm honestly awful with proposal scenes, but I hope I did justice to it. Thank you for requesting! M'kay.

~Mariah