71: Gordie/Chris Imagine for @shmurr_12

For shmurr_12

*Chris POV*

I thought of Dani. She'd been on my mind for a long time now. Her hair, her beautiful eyes, her cute nose, her everything. Just the way she moved made me crazy about her. I liked her, a lot. Maybe even loved her.

There was no one I wanted to tell more than Gordie because he'd try to help me talk to her or something. He was a good friend that way.

We were walking to the treehouse when I decided I should tell him. But something else happened.

"Hey, Chris," Gordie spoke up.

"Yeah," I replied. I looked over at my best friend as attentively as I could.

"I need to tell you something." Gordie looked kind of nervous and excited at the same time.

"Well shoot, then," I insisted.

"I like Dani," he admitted.

I do too, I thought. "Really?" I tried to hide any tell-tale looks of despair.

"Yeah. Man, I might even love her. It's crazy," he continued.

I know exactly what you mean. "Yeah," I smiled the best I could at my happy fried. "Well, good for you, man. Gordie, I think you have a chance with her."

He gave me a hopeful look. "Do you think so?"

"Yeah," I assured him, even though it was tearing me apart to say. "Ask her out. I bet she'd say yes."

"You think?" he asked again. "Maybe I will then. I'll ask her to the movies this weekend. How does that sound?"

I gave him a smile. It wasn't exactly forced because I was happy for him, but it wasn't easy to smile at the moment either. "Great, Gordie. She'd be crazy not to say yes."

//Two Days Later//

"So, I'm going out with Gordie this weekend," Dani mentioned to me.

We were sitting in class, doing absolutely nothing when she brought it up.

"Really? That's nice," I said. I meant it, but I was still struggling.

She had the prettiest smile on her face. "I know it's weird, isn't it? I mean, I've liked him for a while, but I never thought he'd like me back."

I offered her a small smile. "How could he not? You're really nice and smart and you know...." My sentence trailed off. I felt my cheeks warm up a little, and I knew they were red.

"Chris?" Dani's voice was soft. "You're a good friend."

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"I know Gordie told you he was going to ask me out, and you let him even though you like me. Only a good friend would do that, Chris," she explained. She still had that sweet smile on her face.

Just then, the bell rang, and she got up and left the classroom. I continued to sit in my seat, wen after everyone left. How did she know me so well?

I am beyond sorry for this being soooooo late! I am so terrible. I hope you like it and can forgive me for being a late mother trucker. M'kay.

~Mariah