148:Gordie Imagine for @VampireGirl517

For VampireGirl517

"She definitely likes you, man."

Gordie didn't seem so sure. "I dunno.."

Chris put his hand on Gordie shoulder. "No, Gordie. Teddy's right, for once; Amanda likes you. You have nothing to worry about."

The other two guys gave reassurances.

Gordie sighed. "I hope you guys are right."

And they were.

You had been harboring a crush for Gordie Lachance for a while. You couldn't get over the way he focused, intensely and completely, and the way he tried to keep himself from sounding smart so no one would tease him. He wasn't flashy or stuck up like the other guys you had classes with.

As you daydreamed at your locker, you were suddenly approached by Vern Tessio, Teddy Duchamp, and Chris Chambers: guys no one looked too fondly on. Except for your crush because they were his best friends.

"Um, hello..?" You greeted awkwardly.

Chris smiled. "Amanda, I have a proposition for you."

You gave a confused look to the other two, hoping for clarification.

Vern spoke up. "You like Gordie, right?"

"What?" you stammered, though your crimson cheeks showed otherwise.

"You do though, don't you?" Chris confirmed. He looked at you seriously but softly, possibly trying not to intimidate you, as he often did.

"Yes."

"Alright. So, we need you to do exactly what we tell you."

//That Afternoon//

You nervously walked into the diner. The Bluepoint Diner was a normal hangout spot for high schoolers, especially those that were old enough to drive. Even though that crowd was just a couple years older than you, you still felt a little out of place.

You looked around, finding Vern trying (and failing) to subtly wave you over. You smiled and walked over to the booth he was at.

"Hey, look who it is, guys," Vern said. You could tell this had been at least partially scripted.

"Hey, Amanda," Chris greeted, pointedly. "Why don't you sit down?"

"Yeah, you can have my place," Teddy suggested, sliding off of the bench. "I need to head home anyway. See ya!" He rushed out of the diner.

You gingerly took Teddy's place at the table. "I would say thank you, but he left awfully fast, huh?"

There was an awkward silence among the four of you. You had been looking off in some other direction, but your attention had been called back to the table when Gordie made a weird noise.

"Are you alright?" You asked, confused as to what could have happened.

He forced a smile over his gritted teeth. "Yup. Just fine." He sent a glare to Chris, who, unbeknownst to you, had kicked Gordie under the table. "Um, Amanda, do you want to order something?"

"Sure."

After you ordered, Chris and Vern suddenly got up from the table.

"Hey, we gotta go. My mom needs help with yard work," Vern stated.

To which Chris quickly added, "And I said I'd help her out, so we'll see you guys later." He gave a little parting salute before leaving with Vern.

You and Gordie exchanged a look before gradually beginning to laugh.

"They're horrible at subtlety," he said, after catching his breath from laughing.

You giggled. "I noticed. When they told me they had an idea, I wasn't sure how it was going to play out."

"So... uh, you do- I mean, do you like me?" he stammered, suddenly nervous again.

You nodded, shyly smiling. "I do." You anxiously laughed. "Oh jeez, I sound like I'm getting married- not that I... I mean- oh jeez, what do I mean?"

Luckily for you, Gordie was amused by your nervous rambling. "You look really pretty."

You relaxed, knowing you two were past the initial awkwardness of a first date. "Thank you. I like the way you did your hair."

You two spent the rest of the afternoon talking and laughing. Both of you were so comfortable with each other, as if the whole awkward beginning had never happened. You left the diner hand-in-hand, smiles shining for everyone to see.

Can it be true? An update? I'd say so. I'm sorry for making y'all wait so much. I swear, I'm tryna get back in the groove. I hope you like it (and sorry for that cheesy last line...). Thank you for requesting! M'kay.

~Mariah