165:Eyeball Imagine for @_teddyduchamp

For _teddyduchamp

You were overwhelmed. Everything was just a little too much.

You abandoned the homework and decided you'd call in sick to work. You tiptoed out of the quiet house that had only just minutes ago been rattling with shouts and angry words.

Outside was so much better, until you heard the one thing you thought you had escaped, arguing. It came from the house next door, the Chambers family.

You lay yourself in the grass of your backyard, closing your eyes, wishing for Mr. Chambers to stop yelling at the family that was so scared of him. You thought of a specific Chambers boy that you cared deeply about.

Then you felt him next to you.

"Did he hurt you?"

He took your hand in his, pulling it onto his abdomen, just letting them sit there. "I'm fine."

You opened your eyes and turned your head to look at him. The bright afternoon sunshine made his bruised cheek stand out brilliantly. You sighed, taking your hand back and propping yourself up. "When will you leave?"

He blinked a second longer than usual, a sign that he was thinking. "Soon. I kind of want to wait until everyone else is gone first."

"I hate seeing you hurt like this."

"I hate seeing everyone else in my family hurt like this." He shifted to see you better. "Even Chris."

"Why doesn't anyone do anything about your dad?"

He wrapped his arms around you, setting his chin on your shoulder. "Let's not talk about this. Why are you not at work?"

You chewed lightly on your bottom lip before answering. "I didn't feel like it. My parents were yelling at me about my future, and I have a shit ton of homework to do. Work didn't seem that important."

He let go of you and laid back down. "I wish we could stay like this forever. Just here, where we don't have to worry about anything."

You too laid back down, the soft grass tickling your neck through your hair. "I love this."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

You two held hands, laying like that until sunset, not caring about anything or anyone else, except each other.

I really hope you like it! Thank you for waiting and for requesting! I just suddenly got inspiration. M'kay.

~Mariah