95:Gordie Imagine for @RiverWheaton80s

For RiverWheaton80s

First day back to school after summer break was always hectic and exciting for you. You enjoyed meeting your new teachers, seeing who all you had classes with, and seeing your friends again.

Your heart skipped a beat when you realized you had creative writing class with your crush, Gordie Lachance. You had to calm yourself down because you were freaking out in your head.

"Oh yeah, Sammy," he greeted you, sitting in the seat next to yours, only making your heart pound faster.

You took a deep breath to try and steady it. "Hey, Gordie," you managed to say without sounding weird.

As months passed, your crush only grew. You looked forward to your 4th period writing class because you knew he'd be there. 

You walked into class and saw Gordie smiling at you.

"You look nice today," he complimented, blushing like mad.

You felt your own cheeks get warm. "Thanks," you looked down at your outfit, "but it's nothing different from what I usually wear."

"Oh.. Well, I guess it just looks better today," he replied before putting his forehead in his hand and shaking his head. "That sounded bad. I mean, you look nice everyday." He defeatedly sighed, giving you a weak smile.

You laughed at his awkwardness. "That's okay. I suppose you look nice everyday too."

His crimson cheeks only grew redder, as he tried to complete his work. He looked over at you again. "Sammy, do you- I mean, would you like to get a soda with me after school?"

Your heart nearly leapt out of your chest. "Yeah, sure. That sounds great."

"Gordie, Sammy," your teacher called sternly, "is there anything you'd like to share with the class?"

You both shook your heads, wide-eyed and red-faced, before going back to your work.

I hope you liked it! I'm sorry it took a while, but I got to my mom's the other day so not much wifi. I hope y'all have a very merry Christmas or Hanukkah or any other holidays you celebrate. M'kay.

~Mariah