122:Gordie Imagine

BSM

All of a sudden you were awake. You listened, but there was no sound and no one shaking you. You laid back down before deciding to get a glass of water. As you walked past Denny's room, you noticed the door was open. It wasn't normally open, so you looked in.

Gordie was sitting on Denny's bed, his head hanging down. Your heart ached thinking of your big brother and even more of your younger brother sitting there thinking of him too.

You stepped into the dark room and sat down on the bed, causing Gordie to look up at you.

"Hey, Gordie," you said softly.

The sadness was obvious in his expression. "Hey."

You moved to sit next to him and put your arm around his shoulders. "I miss him too." He looked down into his lap again, where he had the Yankees cap Denny had given him only the year before.

"I know. And so do Mom and Dad and all of his friends and all of his teammates and every teacher he had and basically everyone else that knew him." Gordie sounded bitter, but he deserved it. He had practically been cast aside his whole life, but especially after Denny passed. "I'm just tired of everyone else missing him."

You sighed deeply. "Yeah. I know what you mean. We're his family, so why does everyone else think they have to miss him too?" He nodded. "I wish no one had to miss him. I thought it was bad enough when he left for basic training, but this... I hate this. But most of all, I hate this for you."

He looked up at you at this. "Why for me?"

You thought for a second. "Dom't get me wrong, I love Denny. He was one of the best guys I knew, besides you of course, but it's just not fair for you. While he's here, you're just the second  son, and when he's gone, it's like you're not here at all. I don't think Mom and Dad realize what they're putting you through. Denny, he and I tried to let then know, but you know how they can be."

Gordie nodded. His head hung again. He didn't want to show you the tears now sliding down his cheeks. "I know. He was a great big brother. I know he didn't like the attention, but I think it was meant to be that way, you know?" He sniffled, wiping his face with the heel of his hand. "Maybe I was just supposed to be the brother no one really looks at. It'll probably be an asset to me somehow."

You smiled, hugging the younger boy closer. "It's a good thing you think of stuff like that. I know I wouldn't have had I been in your postition."

"And that's why you've been like you've been," he started. "Because you're meant to be a certain way. I was meant to be a certain way. I think it's partly because of the way we were raised and partly just of how we were born."

You nodded. "You're a smart kid, Gordie."

He smiled up at you. "I've been told."

Idek what this plot was... I was going for cute but this is.. something. M'kay.

~Mariah

Stand By Me Imagines and Preferencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें