82:Ace Imagine for @zoehunny

For zoehunny

You looked over the bridge. The water looked so inviting, and you were so tired of it all. You climbed up so that you were sitting on the concrete railing of the bridge, ready to jump at any moment. You just stared at the water for a minute, mesmerized. You could feel yourself being drawn to it.

Just before you had fully slipped from the railing, you were jerked backward onto the bridge. You fell onto someone before rolling to the side.

"What the hell were you doing?" the person yelled at you. "Did you fall asleep or something? You could've died, you know."

You were shocked, especially when you saw who was apprehending you. Ace Merrill, the person you figured disliked you the most.

"What'd you care, whether I fell or not?" you questioned, standing up and dusting yourself off.

"Don't thank me for just saving your life," he snarked. "Look, I don't like you much— you're too quiet— but I don't know. I just kinda panicked when I saw you about to fall."

You were beyond confused, and you weren't sure if you were mad at him keeping you from your goal or happy that he had kept you alive. "Thanks, I guess," you mumbled before walking off, leaving Ace standing there.

You spent the rest of your weekend unsure of what to do with yourself. You had been so ready to let go of everything and just be done, but what Ace had done was intriguing. He had essentially saved you for no reason other than he thought she was going to get hurt. It was all too confusing still.

On Monday, you went about like normal, but you kept any eye out for Ace. You caught him looking back at you a few times throughout the day, and you weren't sure what to make of it.

You were at your locker when a couple of the Cobras, Ace's gang, came up to you.

"Cara, I heard you were on the bridge the other day," one of them stated. It wasn't snarky or anything, just a statement, bit it made you uncomfortable nonetheless.

"Yeah.." you replied quietly.

Suddenly, the two guys were pushed aside, and there was none other than the leader of their pack.

"Lay off guys," Ace demanded them.

"They weren't-" you began, but he cut you off.

"Billy, Charlie, don't you boys have somewhere else to be?"

Billy and Charlie took that as a hint to leave. "Oh yeah.." "I think I saw Eyeball over there."

You looked at Ace. "They weren't messing with me."

"I know why you were on that bridge. I saved you once, and I don't want to have to again." He looked at you earnestly. "You shouldn't feel like that." You gave you a small smile before walling to his next class.

You thought about what he said. Did it mean he would be watching out for you? You didn't really mind if it did. He wasn't the worst person that could look out for you.

I hope you like it despite how incredibly sucky it is. I apologize for the suckiness. I'm trying to get cracking on these requests. Thank you for requesting and to all of you that requested! M'kay.

~Mariah