Mate

"How do you know I'm your mate?" I question.

"A werewolf can just feel it, its a once in a life time feeling that you can only have towards one person, it's as simple as that." Blake replies.

"You said if I died you would slowly die of sadness, what happens if you die?" I ask.

"Nothing, your human so you wouldn't die, you may be sad as we'd create a once in a lifetime bond but you wouldn't die. However the pack would become your responsibility as a Luna." Blake replies. "And before you ask, a Luna is the Alphas mate, she is the female leader of group. The hierarchy is me, you, then the beta wolf, Xavier."

"... and what if I say no to this mate thing?"

"We have to keep you here. The pack needs a strong leader and you keep me strong now." He replies.

"Guess I don't really have a choice then do I?" I sigh.

"You should come down for lunch, if there's anything left, the boys eat like pigs."

"Or wolves." I scoff. "Wait, who attacked yesterday?"

"Vampires." He sighs, knowing it'll worry me. "But your fine, we have more people than them."

"They want me dead, don't they?" I ask, finally bringing myself to look at him.

"You're a human, your a threat to them... and a meal but mostly a threat, they fear you'll expose us all."

"That didn't answer my question."

"Yes Nora, they want you dead or changed into a wolf or vampire." He sighs.

"And how does that happen?" I ask.

"For a werewolf you have to have a deep bite by one and for a vampire you have to die with vampire blood in your system." He explains.

I stare back down at my feet in worry. "Don't worry." He smiles, cupping my chin. "The pack and I won't let anything hurt you."

"Why did this have to happen to me?" I question with a tear falling down my face.

Blake puts an arm under my knees and raises me off the bed before dropping me on to his knee. "I am so sorry." He whispers, hugging me.

"It's not your fault." I sigh. "I didn't even get to say bye to my parents or anyone and now I'll probably never see them again."

"I'll take you to see them in a few days, if..."

"If you think you can trust me." I finish his sentence climbing off his lap. "I'll get changed and meet you downstairs."

I scoop up my clothes and rush into the bathroom before shutting the door. "Why did this have to happen to me?" I whisper angrily. I change into my clothes from yesterday as anger builds up inside of me and I stare at myself in the mirror. Without having full control, I smash my fist into the mirror, causing it to shatter.

A/N:

Hey guys. Me again. How are you liking it? Anything you want to see happen?