Rattling, Small, Dark

Nora's POV:

I wake up in a rattling, small, dark space. It sounds and feel like the trunk of a car, I can hear a roaring engine and the radio and I can feel the rough felt used as interior that I recognise all too well.

Suddenly, the car pulls to a holt and I pop my head up slightly and see we're at a gas station. I lie flat down and think of a plan. "I'll be right back, wait here." I hear Brandy's voice says as she gets out the car. I silently climb over into the backseat as who I recognise as James turns the radio up louder.

Seeing a sign I recognise where we are, Blake's told me about this place, it's magic free. No witch, vampire or werewolf magic can be used which I guess is a good and bad thing for me right now.

I count to three in my head before swinging the door open and making a run for it. I stumble slightly but catch my balance and continue to sprint down the road and I climb over a fence and run on to a field. As I grow tired I hear James feet coming up behind me.

Suddenly I'm tackled to the ground. My back slams against the grass and he falls on top of me but quickly moves to pin me. "Your not getting away that easily." James pants.

"But I sure gave you a run for your money though, didn't I?" I smirk.

"Shut up." He snaps, climbing off me and pulling me up. He grabs the upper part of my arm and begins dragging me across the field.

"Please let me go." I beg.

"Like that's going to work." He spits. "Marissa is depending on you."

"Your human here right?" I question. "Then we have similar strength." I begin fighting against him as hard as I can but he shoves me up against the fence.

"I'm still more muscular than you, making me stronger. Also I'm two years older." He snaps before throwing me over his shoulder. James climbs the fence and drops down the other side before hurrying to the car.

He sets me down on my feet when we arrive at the vehicle and Brandy stares at us. "What took you so long?" She asks.

"It was your idea to bring her to a no magic area, I couldn't use my spells." James replies.

"I did it so Blake can't track her." She spits handing him a couple zip ties. "Use these then get in."

James pulls open the trunk and whilst he's distracted I try to make one final escape but he's a step ahead of me. As soon as I even make a move he grabs my wrist and pushes me into the back of the car.

I try to fight him off but it doesn't make a difference. He roughly grabs my wrists and pulls the zip tie tightly around them and repeats on my ankles. "It's going to be a bumpy ride." He smirks, pushing my upper body down flat before shutting the trunk door.

I know I can't escape them so I just rattle around like everything else for the next half hour, yes I counted, I was bored.

When we pull up it's getting dark, we are at a cave in the mountains. The door opens and James grabs my elbows before pulling me out. "Let me go." I order.

"Or what?" He smirks, roughly grabbing my cheeks and holding my face tightly. "That's what I thought."

An arm wraps around my waist and I soon learn it's Brandy's she pulls me backwards into her. "It's late." She states. "We should stay the night and set off in the morning."

"Fine. I'll sleep in the car." James grunts.