Roark x Reader

For ChokoLemonCake, another great friend on mine! You know the rock type gym leader at the beginning of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?

The request is for him and I had a great idea! Plz don't kill me for this! STORYTIME!!!

You were in the Oreburgh mines with your Boss, Roark. He runs the mines and the gym of Oreburgh City. His battling spirit and love for, well, ore inspired you. You wanted to be around him. Exactly a year ago, he took you as an apprentice. Even though you were a mere two years younger than him he still took you under his wing.

Today was your birthday, but clearly Roark didn't know. You never liked to be center of attention anyway. Being with your idol was worth all the gems in Sinnoh. You followed Roark and his Craniados through the twists and turns of his master plan, then find the elements back where you began of the Oreburgh mines. Sheildon obediently at your side.

"Today we're looking for a rare gemstone pocket I've been told about. Are you ready (Your name)?"

The brunette looked over his shoulder at you. The way you always had the same awestruck face every time he explained your objective was just plain adorable. He wanted to see this every day. That's why, for your birthday, he devised a little game. 

"Rare gemstones?! Ooh! How rare?"

Sheildon was conversing with Craniados. Craniados told the Pokémon about Roark's plans and got in on it. This would mean the world for his trainer, ecspecially today. You had shines in your eyes that could match the beauty of a (gemstone the color of your eyes). This was something Roark secretly adored about you.

"Extremely. I've hesrd traces of diamonds."

"Diamonds?! Here?!"

The way diamonds naturally formed, it was impossible! Unless this mine used to be a volcano several thousands of years ago. Just the thought of that sparked wonder and creativity in that beautiful mind of yourself.

Roark watched you lovingly as you leaned against a wall frontwards, feeling the wall for traces of geological evidence that diamonds could exist here. It was impossible, burn he loved how the smallest things would set your mind in motion. There were no naturally forming diamonds in this cave.

"Yes. And reports say they're this way. Want to discover them?"

You shook your head enthusiastically as his warm hand concealed by a white glove encased your wrist in a feeling of pure security. Craniados led Sheildon away for  the trainers, setting another part of the plan in motion.

On the tip of Craniados's Tail was a ring. It had pink pearls surrounding the centerpiece of the jewelry, a bright baby blue diamond. The rest of the ring was made of unbreakable platinum. Roark had to have his father find the platinum and a friend from Sunnyshore import the pearls. The diamond was passed down from his mother, said he'd give it to the person he'd want to spend forever with.

Meanwhile Roark was leading you around the cave. A glimmer of a mark he set caught in his glasses. He used his hand to press them up. By now Craniados should be hidding the ring in the crack in a cave wall. He showed his Pokémon in advance where to hide the ring and wait for him, right back at the gym. You looked over at the marking and gasped. You pulled Roark to the wall.

"Roark! Somethign shiney! Could this be the pocket?!"

Excitement filled your being. You looked at him. He had the most content, happiest smile you ever saw wipe his face. He gestured towards the wall as you take out a minature Pickaxe. You tap lightly around the shiny surface. Boy, this gem did not want to come out!

Roark watched you dig at the giant gem. He saw this before and left it for today. He knew you'd love the prize. It would give you a boost of confidence and joy. Added buildup to his plan. He could see the color of the gem reflect in your eyes. You let out a gasp and pulled out a five and a half Karrot hunk of your birthstone! You grinned wide and showed it to Roark.

"Roark! Check this out! Isn't she a beaut?! Look!"

You were giddy. This was one of the biggest finds you ever had! Your birthstone right there in your protected hands. You shoved the stone into Roarks Arms as he examined it.

Back in Roark's point of view because why not? Roark looked at the dazzling Stone. The clarity was top notch and it was larger than he anticipated. You were jumping around And squealing to yourself. He chuckled and put the stone in one of his large pockets. He walked up to you and grabbed your wrist.

"Come on, the diamonds should be this way."

You excitedly nodded. Best birthday so far! You followed the brunette for five minutes before another thing caught your eye. You halted in place causing Roark to do the same. He turned around and behind his glasses was a look. The look had the appearance that's it was hididnt knowledge. You payed it no mind. You were fixated on the shiny object with another wide grin.

"Roark, what's that?"

"Why don't you go for it?"

He was very eager for you to observe this shiny object in the crack of the wall. Pink, blue, Andy silver became in your line of sight as you were now inches away from reaching for the small multicolored object.

A large gasp escaped your lips As a ring fell into your palm. Made with expert craftsmanship the ring fascinated you. What was it doing here?!  Roark had a smirk on his lips. He walked up behind you, pushing up his glasses. You stood up and showed him the ring. He took it in between his index, middle, and thumb.

"Roark, why would this be here?"

He bent down

On one knee

OKAY THIS WAS HAPPPENING!!! STAY CALM!!! STOP HYPERVENALATING AND ACT NATURAL!!! So what if Roark was on one knee with a ring in hand in front of you, right? OH MY ARCEUS THIS WAS LEGIT HAPPENING!!!!

"(Your name), your eyes Shine brighter than a thousand gems and you are one of a kind. If you'd have me, I'd want to stay with you forever."

Tears filled your eyes as you screeched out to the whole mine:

"YES!!!"

You encases Roark in a tight embrace, skewing his glasses and gripping his long copper hair. He wrapped his arms around you longingly. When he pulled away he placed the ring on your finger. You admired it before he took your knuckles to his lips.

"My precious stone, I won't let anyone else have you."

How's that? This was my first time writing a proposal so bear with me! I have a bunch of requests from the same person so I need To shift into maXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!!

I'll be surprised if I do them all! I mean, it's only six more one Shots!

X0X0

💜💙❤️💜💙❤️

~Eva