Red x Reader

Request by my really good friend Livingsolo909. Hey friend! This ain't quite a somgfic but it has elements of the song above and one other in here. But it's encouraging I swear!

Red hasn't been himself. Ever since you both moved into the mountains to battle worthy trainers he just lost his spark. He stopped talking and he'd even stop interacting with you and his Pokemon when he was really bad.

Every now and again you'd have to encourage him to keep going, have fun, and spend time with his family. His Pokemon, and you. His Pokemon and his girlfriend. You had Red sit down with your and Pikachu.

He was frowning something awful. He looked like he never learned how to turn that frown upside down. You took his hands in yours.

"Hey, smile, it could be the source of somebody's happiness. Let's just make this better with a little bit of love."

Red just looked down. No words again. He was acting as if he was mute. As if his tongue stopped working and he just couldn't speak. Why doesn't Red all to you anymore? Was he doubting himself?

He was, you could see it in his eyes. Red was doubting himself as a trainer because less and less people showed up to battle him. It wasn't loneliness, it couldn't be because he had you. He also had Pikachu but he mostly had his girlfriend as his inspiration.

"Hey, Red. Don't ever doubt yourself. You don't know, but you're beautiful. You're the perfect trainer. Other trainers just are trying to get stronger to be able to face you."

Red looked in your eyes, hoping this was the truth. But you only hit tpwhat started his low self esteem problems. Oh no, poor red. He was starting to oml lower his self esteem. He's the champion! He can't do that!

Red was perfect. There was nothing wrong with him. You needed to show him that.

"Red, you light up my world like nobody else. The way you battle trainers gets me overwhelmed. The way you smile at the ground it isn't hard to tell. That's what makes you beautiful."

You pushed his hair behind his ear and he smiled at you, opening his mouth to say something:

"I love you."

You smile warmly at him.

"I love you more."