Wallace x Reader

A belated request for PokemonGladion again. I was late because I had a softball game. Don't worry, we won. Still undefeated.

Warning: Depression and Suicide attempt.

Face first, lungs first, cold. Icy cold water on this winter Stoopolis night. 

After you lost a contest earlier by a long mile, the rest of the contestants bullied you. They said you'd never be enough. They said you'd never be a contest star. They said you were almost as ugly as your performance. 

That was it. It pushed the already depressed you over the edge. The madness was getting to you. You released all of your Pokémon earlier, but sadly your Vaporeon refused to leave. A water type who could save you. You didn't want to be saved, but you didn't have the heart to yell a thing it to leave.

So you jumped in, not even bothering to take a breath beforehand. Frostbitten water entered your systems and your lungs began depleting air like in a video game. Your eyes squeezed shut as the water sucked you down. 

You had water tugging you down to the depths of the ocean, below the island can city of Stoopolis. Below your home. So far down below no one would ever find you. At least that's what you hoped.

You went out due to lack of oxygen in your systems. But Vapreon had a few friendships to help her drag you out of the ocean. A Milotic and a man. A duo who were known worldwide.

Wallace pulled your body above water. It was a relief he saw you faceplant in. It was a blessing from Arceus he never noticed the erotic behavior of your partner when's you jumped in. Clearly that was wrong and you shouldn't have jumped in. Based on Vaporeon's reaction, it was clearly a suicide attempt.

That was a shame. Why would such a beautiful performer want to kill herself. Wallace lost all of his normal flirty flamboyant personality and he became uncharacteristically serious. He needed to save her life.

Where was your wrist? Ah, there it is. Clutched to her chest just over her heart. He took it and pressed iphis index and middle on a vein. Instant relief washed over him when he felt a pulse. He smiled when he saw your chest begin heaving and your system coughing out the water.

You sat up, pain and a drastic tempature change sending sensations over your bidynthat were unpleasant. You didn't understand. Wasn't everything supposed to feel okay after you died? You managed to flutter your eyes open. You didn't die. Same old world. Same crummy world.

You look to see two gorgeous water type Pokémon: one being your own Vaporeon and one well taken care of Milotic. You feel a hand in your own and you sit up. Beside you was none other than Wallace, the best coordinator in Hoenn. Did he save you? Why did he save you?

You coughed more, causing your lungs to burn. Blood mixed with salty water escaped your throat and spat umm on your already drenched clothes. Vaporeon looked relieved you were still alive. You clearly weren't. You friends to Wallace, who was grinning from war to ear. He was about to say soemthing when you're own broken voice stopped him.

"Why did you save me?"

His smile falls. You clearly hurt his feelings. He must have thought he was being a hero. You should have just played along and tried to do it again after her left. But no, you face his hopes up. Instead of something of a whine or an insult, you got a legitimate answer.

"I saw your performance at the contest hall earlier and I recognized you before you jumped in. I wouldn't let you die. I should be asking why you'd do it suicide after upsuch a wonderful display."

A wonderful display? Was he drunk? He seemed like the kind to drink after a victory. But he saved you and checked your pulse and everything. How can someone's be drunk and save someone from drowning? You had no words. Wallace took your hand and had you stand up. You looked in his eyes.

"Come, let's get you out of these wet clothes, then I'll treat you to tea. I won't accept 'no' as an answer."

So he took your hand and did exactly as he promised. For the next few years he won't  let you out of sight and he encouraged you to keep going with your ambitions, competing with you. After a while, you became the best coordinators in the world. 

And the best couple.