Barry x Reader

Halfway done! TophatWolfie you really know how to request, you know that? And adding a seventh to the list? WOO

She wanted Barry to be tsundere and Reader to be insecure, but I don't think the tsundere is gonna happen. Two reasons. One- I'm not good at tsundere. Two- I'll leave the tsun for your silver request. 'Kay? SORRY!!!

Storytime!

You screamed as the wind rushed against your face. Your eyes were squeezed shut in fear. You let Barry lead you to lake Verity without having a Pokémon. Sure, you were ten, but you both hadn't confronted Professor Rowan yet. You were scared. 

He finally stopped running, letting go of your wrist. The ball of energy was hopping us and down in front of the lake. He grinned and looked over at you, still with eyes squinted tight. He frowned and cocked his head.

"Whatcha scared of? We're here! Look! Lake Verity!"

You opened one eye to see the calm waters of the lake. You let out a huff of air in relief. No Wilde Pokemon ambushed you while you were in the tall grass getting here. Barry was grinning again childishly. 

"You think the Red garyados is here? Huh? Huh? Huh?!"

That was Barry, always in your face rushing and energetic. You gave him a small smile, but you had a sinking feeling in your gut. You shouldn't be here in the first place! You were supposed to be playing tag with Dawn, but she was off with her Piplup somewhere. 

"Barry, I don't...somethings wrong."

His smile fell when he saw you clutching your gut. You went closer to you. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"Hey, it's okay. We're just exploring like old times, right? Come on! It's fun!"

His smile could literally cure cancer. Hear that? That's the sound of lives being saved because of Barry's energetic and reassuring smile. That's when you heard soemthing in the water. It was loud and intimidating. The ground around the lake shook. There was a large disturbance in the water. Your eyes shrunk to tiny dots And you shook. You knew something was wrong.

You woke the Red Garyados.

You shoved Barry back and screamed:

"RUN!!!"

You stumbled forward after loosing the weight of Barry at your side. He staggered backwards into a tree and fell against it. The next thing he saw was you on the ground in front of a predictor garyados ready to eat it's prey.

"(YOUR NAME)!!!"

Utter terror shook in your body. You we're able To flip your body to see Garyados lunging it's head towards you with an open jaw. Barry shrieked as you did a barrel roll to the left. Garyados missed you by a millimeter and its teeth sunk into the ground.

 You froze.

Your chest was heaving.

Your breath uneven

Your body trembling.

The Garyados tried to jerk its head out of the ground but apparently it used too much force Andy got stuck in the ground. The Garyados roared. This was when Barry same to his  senses. He ran up as fast as he could and he grabned your arms, dragging you a bit.

"Come on! Let's blow!"

You took no time in using Barry to stand yourself up and booming it back home to Twinleaf town. Garyados roared in anger and dislodged itself from the ground. You looked back over your shoulder, running as fast as your legs could. Barry didn't take the time to look. He hand a reason to rush. You wished you didn't see.

Garyados took a long lunge at you. Using its full length, it jumped from the water at you, it's large jaw just about surrounding you. There was no way you did outrun this. But Barry looked like he was just a shove away from the exit.

You squeezed your eyes again and gave him a large shove causing him to get a speed boost and fling out of the Lake Verity area. That was the last thing you saw before darkness. You were still aware. You found a wet yet sharp wall and banged against it with your ten year old might. You screamed and screamed.

"LET ME OUT!!! LET ME OUT!!!"

The wall opened. You we're  inside Garyados's mouth. It was about to chomp down. In fear and in an adrenaline rush you used your small frame to slip out of its mouth and take an at least twenty foot free fall. 

You closed your eyes, tears flying above you because gravity.

Barry turned back the second he didn't see you behind him. He rushed back into the lake Verity area from the lakefront to see you taking a nice slydive. Garyados bit into it so own mouth causing it to screech. Barry positioned himself under you. You were lucky you were small. Barry caught you, he fell a tad but still stood.

He booked it out of there carrying you princess style out to the safety of Verity lakefront. He set you on the ground in panic. No blood, good. A pulse, good. Chest heaving, good. Eyes closed, not good. He shook you.

"Come on, wake up! (Your nickname) please!"

He shook you as you stirred back Into the world. You.... You weren't dead? Barry saw your eyes open And he embraced you.

"Thank god you're okay! I thought I lost you!"

Since then, you both refused to go back to Lake Verity.

My heart was pounding writing that! I thought of killing the reader but I'm not a monster! That's three.

There's no way I'm gonna finish this list...

~Eva