Gladion x Reader

I think my Reader would know by now who requested this. Yep, PokemonGladion. I debated making this a Male!Reader. You'll see why. The prompt was to give Gladion a fear and have the reader help him through it. I panicked.

Guess who listened to the Pokémon theme song while writing this? Yep, this gal. I memorized it when I was four so....

POKEMON

GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL

STORYTIME

You were spending the night at the Aether Foundation with Gladion. This was all after the events with his Mom going mad and now she's normal again. Ish. I don't know how it ends to bear with meh.

He asked you to stay over because of the large thunder storm crashing the area. Gladion was afraid of storms. He never admitted it to his Mom, or Lillie, or anyone's from a Team skull. He only told you becuase you also were afraid of something. He helped you with it every single day. This was how you relayed him.

Oh? You want to know the fear? Being Alone. If you ever were alone, even for a second, you'd go either ballistic or you'd become a sad ball of depression. Depends on what time of the month. You were scared of being alone becuase last time you were alone wild Pokémon attacked you. You lost a shank of your ear and a lots of blood that day.

The reason Gladion was scared of storms? Well, he wasn't afraid of the rain or the storm itself. The thunder and lightning always remind him of the ultra wormhole, opening and when shin fsther was ripped away from them. It brings back scarring memories. 

So now you and Gladion can be scared together.

The lightning flickered in the dark room and the thunder rumbled. Gladion sat back uo with a jolt. He looked around the bedroom, trembling. He was expecting to see another last gremlins rift in the space-time continuum but saw nothing. Wait...nothing? He swore he....

"(YOUR NAME)!? NO IT DIDNT TAKE YOU TOO!?"

You awoke with a start after you heard pained screaming followed by sobbing. You took five seconds to figure out where you were. Thunder roared again and Gladion's left hand trembled vigorously as he sobbed.

"Not you...too..."

You stood up And jumped onto Gladion's bed with him. You hugged him tightly and wiped the tears away. He hitched his breath and held onto you tightly.

"I'm here! I'mhereI'mhereI'mhereI'mhere!"

Your words merged into one as you reassured Gladion no rift was in the uninverse again. Everything was okay. Praise Dialga and Palkia for that... Gladion cried into you and he held you like a doll. 

"Don't....go....I need...you..."

Gladion was growing drowsy again and he fell asleep holding onto you. He was still gripping onto you. It was kinda...nice. 

You took his trembling left hand into your own and you faced him, still letting him hug you. You pressed your forehead against his. You could see him smile in his sleep.

He didn't need to wake up to tell himself you were still there, because your hand was in his.

And it wasn't trembling.

This is, like, Super Short. IM SO SORRY!!!

~Eva