'theres room'

Me and Brad's parents along with my parents waiting nervously outside Brad's room. What if he didn't make it? How would I be able to live with myself? He was trying to protect me. It was my fault.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by my mum shaking me slightly. I looked up from the ground to see a doctor had appeared from his room.

'Brad is stable. Sometimes that happens when they're waking up from a coma. The nurses are just taking his bloods and doing a few tests then you'll be allowed back into see him.' The doctor said.

We all thanked him and he returned to Brad's room.

Another 15 minutes pasted and all the doctors/nurses were leaving Brad's room bar the one that had come out to talk to us 15 minutes previous.

The same doctor reappeared from the room. 'You can all go in and see him now.' He smiled. We all thanked him and his parents went in first again as I wanted them to have some alone time with him.

About 5 minutes later they came out saying Brad wanted to see me. I stood up and pushed the door open to reveal a slightly beat up and tired Brad lying in the bed with his eyes open.

As his eyes met mine a smile formed on his lips. I went over, bending down and giving him a hug and a kiss on his dry lips.

'I'm so glad you're okay.' I sighed into the hug. 'I wouldn't leave you.' He chuckled.

'So how are you feeling?' I asked. He just shrugged, 'I just feel a bit tired and my face and back are a bit sore but nothing major.' I sighed again. 'Look B I'm so sorry-'

Before I could finish he interrupted me. 'El look babe nothing is for you to apologise for. It was him. Not you. And don't even try and blame yourself.' He said kissing my check.

He pulled his blankets back slightly. 'There's room.' He said grinning. I kicked off my shoes and joined him under the sheets and snuggled into his side.

We lay in silence for about 10 minutes. Only making small conversation, also lying in a comfortable silence.

As we lay there we heard the door creak. 'Is it okay if we join you?' Anne Marie asked. 'Of course.' I said trying to sit up only to be pulled back down by Brad.

'Hope we aren't interrupting anything.' My dad joked earning a laugh from the parents. 'Ha ha very funny.' Brad said sarcastically.

'Here son, I wouldn't put it past you to try it there.' Derek also joked. Brad just groaned as I tucked my head into his neck.

Me and Brad lay on the bed as my mum and dad asked Brad how he was etcetera before they all fell into conversation.

-

9 hours later

At about 5AM my parents left. I told Anne Marie and Derek to go home and get some rest. It took a lot of persuading but they did eventually at 6AM.

Brad wanted me to get some rest but I wasn't for leaving him. We both slept from 6AM to 12PM.

I went home at about 1PM, Anne Marie and Derek were coming to see Brad so I was going to home and rest for a few hours as some of Brad's family was going to visit him as well.

-

5:30PM

I was sat on a chair beside his bed now. He moved over again and patted the bed signalling for me to get in.

My dad and Derek went back to the Simpsons house to grab a few things in the early hours of the morning for Brad, one being his laptop.

I got his laptop from the bag and walked over to the bed. 'Wanna watch some Friends?' I ask. He grinned and nodded.

-

It was about 7PM now and both our parents had arrived to visit Brad then I was heading home with my family.

My parents bought a Chinese in for all of us to have. Me and Brad laughed as they walked in, the room instantly filling with the smell of Chinese food.

-

It was about 9PM and our parents were still chatting away. It's nice to see our parents getting along. This whole thing seems to have brought them closer.

I was sat on the seat beside Brad's bed and he seemed really tired. His eyes kept closing but I could see he was fighting his sleep.

'Brad babe, do you want us to go?' I said. He jumped, opening his eyes. 'No no it's fine.' He mumbled. 'Brad we'll come and see you tomorrow. You need to sleep.' I said and he sighed, giving in.

Our parents heard and started to clean up everything. 'See you tomorrow. Text or ring me if you need anything.' I whispered to him. He nodded and put his hand on my cheek rubbing it with his finger. He pulled my face down and placed a loving kiss on my lips.

My stomach was tingling. It hadn't been too long since I last kissed him but God I missed him.

'I love you.'
'I love you too El.'

As I pulled away he grabbed me into a bear hug before saying goodbye to our parents.