'enjoy the conceiving process the most'

It had been a month since I found out I was pregnant. A month since I told Brad, also Con and Sophia.

Both Con and Sophia were over the moon. Sophia was jumping and screaming, hugging and kissing us.

Today we were going for our first scan. I estimated that I was around 7 weeks but I wasn't 100% sure.

I hadn't started to show yet, well not fully. When I looked at my bare stomach you could see a very small bump but it wasn't visible through my clothes.

I was standing in the mirror fixing my shirt. Brad came into the room and walked towards me. He stopped behind me. He put one hand on my waist as his right went to my stomach. His chin rested on my shoulder.

'I can't believe we get to see our little pea today.' He murmured.

Over the 2 years I've known Brad I've never seen him be so excited for something. It's so cute that he really wants this child as much as I do.

'Right come on, let's go see the pea. I said turning round and pecking his lips before I drag him to the car.

-

Once we got to the doctors I went and gave my name to the receptionist. She told me to have a seat and they'd call me when the doctor was ready.

I sat beside Brad and he grabbed my hand, intertwining it with his. I looked at our hands, then up to meet Brad's eyes. He had a smile resting upon his face.

'Miss Eloise Smith.' The doctor called. We both stood up and walked towards the room the doctor had come from.

'Hello I'm Doctor McKenna.' She introduced herself putting her hand out for me to shake. 'I'm Eloise, nice to meet you.' I said shaking her hand. 'Brad.' He nodded also shaking her hand.

We followed her into the room, 'Now Eloise if you would like to lie on the bed and lift your top up.' Doctor McKenna instructed me.

'So are you the father?' She asked Brad. 'I am.' He replied nodding his head. Brad took a seat beside the bed as the doctor got everything prepared.

'Okay so this may be a little cold.' She said as she placed the gel onto my stomach. She got the ultrasound and began to rub it about my stomach.

Brad's hand never left mine. 'Okay so if you look here, that's your baby.' She said as she pointed out the faint imagine on the screen.

My eyes began to well with tears. I looked to Brad to see him looking at the screen, smiling so widely, his eyes glistening. His eyes also crinkling, that's how you know he's genuinely happy.

In the next moment we heard a noise. That noise was our baby's heartbeat. In that moment I couldn't love anything more.

Both me and Brad looked at each other, tears falling from both of our eyes. He reached over and hugged me, kissing my head.

'I'll give you a minute.' The doctor said stepping out of the room.

'Brad that's our baby.' I sniffled. He nodded and kissed me again. 'El I love you and this baby so bloody much.' He whispered. 'I love you too.'

The doctor reappeared with an envelope that held the photos from the scan. She handed them to Brad as he thanked her.

'Would you like to see it one more time?' She asked excitedly. I nodded and she got the ultrasound rubbing it over my stomach.

Brad had his phone in his hand, videoing the screen and myself. He also captured the heartbeat, beating through the room.

-

The drive home consisted of us sitting in a comfortable silence, only a few words being exchanged, the radio was on but very low, Brad's soft humming was the only thing audible over it.

His hand resting in mine on top of my thigh. 'You fancy going for food?' He broke the silence. I looked at the time to see it was almost 2PM.

'Yeah, I'm actually hungry.' I chuckled. He looked at me and grinned, 'Wagamamas?' I nodded eagerly as he laughed.

5 minutes later we pulled into the car park of Wagamamas. Brad jumped out of the car and came round to my side of the car, opening the door. 'I'm going to get pregnant more often if you're going to be this much of a gentleman.' I joked.

'Is that another way of saying you enjoy the conceiving process the most?' He smirked. I hit his arm and walked towards the restaurant.

-

It was now 6:30PM. I was lying on the sofa watching TV, Brad was in one of the spare bedrooms which we turned into a small studio recording new music.

I decided to go and make scones seeing as I had nothing else to do. I went to the kitchen and got out all the ingredients before starting to bake them.

I put on shuffle The Vamps Spotify seeing as I loved listening to Brad's voice.

-

By 7:30PM the scones were cooked and cooling, I had tidied the kitchen. I put jam on a scone and made a cup of tea, bringing it up to Brad in his studio.

As I walked upstairs and opened the door to the studio, the only noise that could be heard was the soft strumming of Brad's guitar along with his voice lightly singing effortlessly.

I walked slowly towards him, not wanting to interrupt. He stopped playing and sighed, slumping back into his chair, his hands rubbing his eyes.

I could tell he's stressed and when he's stressed he isn't himself.

'Brad.' I said lowly. He turned around to me. 'I made you scones.' I said quietly, stepping towards him.

His face softened as he stood up and lifted the plate and drink from my hands, putting them on his desk.

He opened his arms, pulling me into one of his bear hugs. 'Tomorrow we're going to have a day to us, we're both going to chill and watch Friends and whatever else.'