'give your lady a kiss'

'We actually have something to tell you...'

The parents went silent and looked at us. Brad handed an envelope to his his parents as I handed one to mine.

They both opened them at the same time. As they were about to lift the scan out, Brad's hand reached for mine.

'I'm pregnant.' I watch as all the parents faces turned from concern to shocked.

'I'm going to be a nan.' My mum cried. I looked to Anne Marie to see her eyes full of tears also.

'Congratulations kiddos.' My dad said getting up and walking round hugging me and even hugging Brad.

I laughed as I heard Brad let out a sigh of relief. 'Brad thought you were going to chop his penis off.' I told them gesturing towards my dad.

Everyone erupted into laughter as Brad blushed. 'No son but you're lucky.' He joked.

'Congratulations.' Anne Marie and Derek said along with my mum, each of them giving me and Brad a hug.

-

We all sat in the living room with the fire lit along with all the Christmas lights on. Everyone was drinking alcohol, bar me obviously.

'Do you want anything?' Brad asked me. 'I'm going to make a cuppa.' I said getting off of the sofa. 'I'll make it.' Brad offered.

'No babe it's alright.' I said walking to the kitchen. As I was boiling the kettle I felt hands on my waist and one on my stomach.

I smiled, leaning my head back. He turned me around and brought his face close to mine.

'I'm so happy.' He said barely audible. 'So am I.' I grinned. His lips inched closer to mine before they met.

It wasn't a needy kiss, it was full of love and meaning. My arms were around his neck as his were on my waist.

He broke from the kiss and went down, his hands behind my thighs before lifting me onto the counter.

His eyes never left mine, his smile was as wide as ever. I played with his curls as we kept the eye contact.

I pecked his lips then pulled him closer to me. We pulled away and his arms went behind me, pulling me into a hug with his head in the crook of my neck.

My eyes were closed until I heard someone enter the kitchen and the sound of a photo taken going off.

I opened my eyes to find my mum and Anne Marie at the door smiling widely.

I straightened my back making Brad groan and move his head. He looked where I was looking and seen our mums.

They made their way towards us with the empty glasses from the living room. 'I can't believe you two. I'm so happy for you both.' My mum gushed.

'How far along are you by the way Eloise?' Anne Marie asked. 'I'm around 9 weeks now.' I stated.

Their faces dropped in shock. 'You kept it from us for this long?' My mum gasped. Brad chuckled as I nodded.

'Well when I found out I was around 4 weeks and didn't tell Brad for a few days.' I told them. 'So when's your next scan?' And that was the start of a long conversation about my pregnancy.

-

It was Christmas Eve. Me and Brad were spending Christmas apart seeing as we decided to have one last Christmas with our family before we have our own family.

Last year we done the same thing we're doing this year. Next year we want our first Christmas together to be special, both me and Brad as parents with our
little bub.

However we're spending the day together before going to our parents in the evening. Brad wanted to take me to the Christmas market in Birmingham seeing as we hadn't got a chance to go yet.

He had left at 12:30PM and it was now 3PM. He didn't tell me where he was going but he told me he'd be back by 4PM at the latest.

I began to get ready because I knew Brad was due back soon. I changed into black jeans, along with a black, white and burnt orange stripped woolly jumper.

I straightened my hair and put some natural makeup on before throwing a bobble hat and scarf on.

I stood in the mirror and lifted up my jumper revealing my bump. It really is beginning to grow. 'Me and your daddy cannot wait to meet you lil bub.' I whispered.

As I said that I felt Brad's presence behind me, his hand going immediately to my stomach. I turned to him with a smile on my face. 'I love you.' I said pressing a kiss against his lips. 'And I love you.'

-

We were in the car now on the way to get late lunch and to walk about for a bit before we go to the Christmas market seeing as it's better when it's dark.

I connected my phone to the aux and began to play 505 by Artic Monkeys. Brad smirked and turned to me before turning his eyes back to the road.

He placed his hand on my thigh as he drove down the road. The reason this was our song was because the first time we had sex, this song was playing in the background. How ironic.

-

It was now 6PM and it was getting dark. We had went and got food in a small pub beside the market.

We left the pub and walked to the market that was close by. The town was filled with people, it wasn't very busy but it was jolly. People walked about the town sharing the Christmas spirit.

Me and Brad walked hand in hand. Every so often we'd bump into old friends. 

Once we got into the market we walked around. Lights hanging from tree to tree, stall to stall and the most beautiful Christmas tree standing tall with lights and decorations covering it, finishing it off with fake snow.

Me and Brad were standing beside the Christmas tree when a woman approached us, 'Would you like me to take a photo of you both?' As I looked I noticed the woman.

She was my old form teacher for when I was at school. 'Mrs O'Neill! How are you?' I said hugging her. 'I'm good darling, how about you? Who's this handsome boy?' She gushed over Brad as he stood there with the biggest grin.

I slapped his arm, 'This unfortunately is my boyfriend, Brad this is my old form teacher from school.' I introduced them. They shook hands as we talked more.

'Marriage on the cards soon?' She joked wriggling her eyebrows. I laughed nervously, 'Ah no actually but a baby is.' She looked at me before realising what I said.

'Oh my God congratulations Eloise!' She shouted pulling me into a hug. 'How far along are you?' She asked. 'Around 12 weeks now. But nobody knows apart from family and close friends.'

We finished our conversation. We had decided to try and get my old form class together for a reunion type since we all stayed in contact.

Before we went she said. 'Go and both get your photo taken under the tree.' Brad handed her his phone as we both stood in front of the tree.

'Give your lady a kiss!' She shouted waving her arms. We both laughed as Brad pulled me into a kiss making us both chuckle again.