'sleep on the sofa'

1 month later
I was getting closer and closer until my due date. Brad has been working hard the last week seeing as it was his last week of work.

Today he was in the studio from 9AM until 5PM, then he had to go and do an interview until 9PM. All day he was in London and instead of staying there he insisted that he wanted to get the train home.

Nat and Nicola had decided to come round today to keep me company. Me and Nat got on so well, she was like my big sister along with Nicola.

We lay about majority of the day, having a chill day. Nicola had to leave at 5PM to go out for dinner with David. After Nicola left me and Nat decided to drive to McDonald's since I got a McDonald's craving.

As Nat was driving I sat in the passenger seat with my phone on my lap. Brad was extremely busy today so I hadn't heard much from him.

That was until my phone buzzed.

Brad- I miss you xx
Me- You haven't even been away 12 hours. But I miss you too xx
Brad- I'll be home before midnight xx
Me- I'll be waiting for you xx

As I was texting Brad I didn't realise we had pulled up at McDonald's. I looked to Nat to find her looking at me with a smile causing me to raise my eyebrow.

'Oh my god I can't with you two.' She screeched. I still looked at her, confused. 'Eloise the way your face lit up for the first proper time today. I can't wait for you to have the baby then eventually get married!' She gushed.

She's right. When Brad messages me I get all smiley. Even when I'm around him it just reminds me how much I love him.

I chuckled at Nat's comment before getting out of the car and going into McDonald's. Both of us were just in our lounge wear. Mine being a pair of leggings and one of many of Brad's hoodies.

We order our meals then Nat told me to take a seat whilst she waited for our food. A few minutes later Nat appeared with our tray

We had finished our food and since it wasn't busy we decided to sit and talk. As we were leaving we decided to get McFlurrys to take out before driving back to mine.

-

'She's sleeping.' I heard Nat whisper. 'How's she been today?' I heard Brad whisper back. 'Brad she's fine. You don't need to keep worrying.' Nat reassured him.

'Nat you don't get it. I love her so much, I've never felt this way before. And she's carrying our baby. I just worry and want them both to be safe.' I heard him sigh.

After a few minutes I heard Nat leave and felt Brad drop on the sofa beside me. I slowly opened my eyes to find his watching me.

'Brad, we're going to be fine. I love you.' I said softly. 'I love you too. Now let's get to bed.' He said helping me up.

'Bit too eager Braddy boy.' I laughed. 'Not in that way.' He groaned.

-

A few days later

2 days ago we went for our last doctors appointment for the baby before he/she is born.

Me and Brad were both ecstatic, we couldn't wait to meet OUR baby. Although ever since we came back from the doctors Brad had been acting very odd and strange.

I decided to just ignore it and give him some space. I was lying in bed and heard the sound of the piano from Brad's studio.

I sighed not wanting to interrupt but just wanting to have a nap whilst cuddling up to Brad. I walked into our room and climbed into our bed before falling asleep.

-

I woke up from my nap, checking my phone. I'd only slept for an hour. I got out of bed to go and make a cup of tea. I walked to Brad's studio to see if he wanted a cuppa brought up.

As I walked towards his studio, it was silent. I furrowed my eyebrows and entered him studio to find no Brad. I then checked all of downstairs, still no Brad.

I rang his phone thinking maybe he's went out. He didn't answer his phone. I tried not to worry and sat down on the sofa watching some TV.

-

45 minutes had passed and I still hadn't heard from him. I sent Anne Marie, Nat and Con a message asking had they heard from him, all then coming back with saying they haven't seen him.

I rang his phone repeatedly and sent several texts telling him I was worried and to ring me.

-

At 10:45PM I heard banging on the door. I walked to the front door and opened it. As I opened the door it revealed a very drunk Brad.

'Where have you been?' I questioned as he crawled through the door. 'Here.' He slurred. 'No Brad I'm serious! You haven't answered my calls or messages, I'm 8 months pregnant and could give birth at anytime. Meanwhile you're stumbling about getting absolutely pissed!' I shouted.

He sat now on the sofa looking at me. 'You're hot when you're angry.' He smirked. 'I've had enough. I'm away to bed. You can sleep on the sofa until you've wised up!' I exclaimed before going back up to bed.

Once I got into the sheets I began to cry. I could smell him on the sheets and his top I was wearing. It was comforting me whilst he couldn't. Although he was downstairs I was mad at him.

It wasn't even the fact he went out, it was the fact he didn't pick up his phone. He had me worried sick for hours then he shows up absolutely intoxicated.

-

The next morning

I woke up to the smell of bacon cooking. The smell instantly making me make a dash for the bathroom.

Once I been sick and freshened up I went back to our room. As I entered I seen a tray of bacon, freshly cooked pancakes and orange juice. Beside the plate on the tray there was an envelope with my name on it along with a small little teddy bear.

As I opened the card the front of it had 'sorry I fucked up' on big colourful writing. I opened it to be greeted with;

Dear Eloise,

I am so sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I want to sit down and talk about it. About how I'm feeling, not just me but you. I've went for a run to clear my head so I'll be back within 2 hours max. Enjoy your breakfast in bed. Also the little teddy (sprayed with my aftershave) to keep you company whilst I'm gone :)

Again I'm sorry.
Lots of love Brad xx

My eyes welled with tears, he always knows how to win the way to my heart. I really do love that man! I couldn't help but think when he wrote 'about how I'm feeling'. Maybe he hasn't been telling me how he's feeling and needs to open up.

I finish my breakfast and check my social media's. The bear beside me and the card on my bedside table.

I hear the front door open and close before the sound of keys dropping on the table and the sound of feet coming up the stairs.