'congratulations'

No this can't be happening I thought to myself. This can be happening. I was shaking and crying. Why us?

It felt like hours had passed whilst in reality it was only a few seconds. That's when we heard it. The sound we longed to hear.

Our beautiful baby crying. The doctor motioned for Brad to cut the umbilical cord before he handed the baby to me. 'Congratulations, you've had a baby girl.' I took her in my arms. She was so tiny. I looked to Brad to see tears falling from his eyes as a smile spread wide across his face.

He saw me looking so he leaned down and kissed my lips. The doctor put a little blanket around her before handing her to Brad to let him fold her.

As she lay in his arms she made little noises. I could see Brad fall even more in love with her at this point. His thumb softly brushed her cheek.

The doctor and nurses left to give us some space, they would be back soon so I could get washed and so we could wash the baby.

-

After I had got washed they brought us into a room where they had a small bath type basin to wash the newborns. After we had cleaned all of the blood off of her, we dried her and put her in her first ever outfit.

The outfit was a white seeing as we were unsure of the gender, however we did have both a pink and blue hat. Brad got his phone out taking a photo of her before sending it to our parents and siblings.

We went back to my hospital room, Brad putting her in her cot before helping me back into bed. We took a minute to let everything sink in.

'We're parents now.' I whispered with a smile to Brad. 'I know it's crazy.' He said turning to me with the biggest smile. 'Everything that's happened, I wouldn't change it. I've been so happy ever since that night in London.' He said.

I looked at him, taking his face in my hands and placing my lips on his. We were interrupted by the crying of our beautiful baby. We both pulled away and chuckled as Brad went over and picked her up.

'Hey you, what's all the crying for?' He spoke in a baby voice making my heart melt. I grabbed my phone and videoed them. 'You gonna stop crying for daddy?' He cooed. He placed a delicate kiss on her forehead before smiling widely at the girl in his arms.

'She's got your lips.' He pointed out. 'Well thank god for that.' I joked causing him to pout. I stopped recording and put my phone down.

He sat down in the chair beside my bed as I admired them both. 'You wanna hold her?' He asked and I nodded. He carefully passed her to me as she snuggled into me like she had done previously with her dad.

'We need a name for her.' I chirped.  'I like Lola or Lily.' Brad said. I looked down at our baby. 'Lily it is then.' I said kissing her forehead.

'Let's take our first selfie.' Brad spoke holding up his phone. We smiled for the photo as Lily slept. Brad then took one of me and Lily before we swapped and I took one of the both of them.

'I think our mums are going to explode with all these photos.' We both laughed.

-

It was 5PM and luckily we were being discharged. Both me and Lily were fine so they were letting us go home tonight. Brad had drove home to get the car seat seeing as we were in a rush earlier and didn't have time to set it up.

I sat in the room with Lily, it was peaceful. The only sounds were the cute noises Lily was making. Brad text me to say he was on his way up.

I gathered the bags at the door as Lily lay in the hospital cot. Brad then entered the room with the car seat and a bunch of flowers.

He put the car seat down and walked over to me giving me a hug. 'I love you.' He whispered sending shivers up my spine, he still had that effect on me. 'I love you too.'

'Here.' He said as he handed me the bunch of flowers. 'What are these for?' I wondered. 'They're for you.' He answered. 'Aw thank you babe!' I said kissing him again.

'Right let's go home.' He smiled. He lifted Lily out of the cot and strapped her into her car seat. He got the 2 bags and slung them over his shoulder before lifting Lily's car seat.

We walked out of the room, thanking all the people who had helped us today. We got into the lift, going to the ground floor. A few other people got in the lift, them all fussing over Lily.

Once we got into the car I opened the boot and took the bags off of Brad and putting them in the car. He then walked around to now Lily's side of the car, strapping her car seat in as I climbed in beside her.

When he finished strapping the car seat in he went round to the driver seat, getting in before driving us home. The drive to our house from the hospital was about 30 minutes.

I looked to the sleeping baby beside me, so happy to eventually have her here. We finally have our baby here, we can finally hold and kiss her.

'How about a Chinese for dinner?' Brad piped up from the front. 'You know me too well Simpson.' I said causing him to chuckle.