'one more big push'

Today was Tuesday, we had nothing planned for today. It was currently 10AM and for the past 2 hours I've been awake I haven't been feeling great.

I had let Brad sleep on seeing as I didn't want to wake him. I lay on the sofa wrapped in a blanket with a cup of tea.

A short while later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Brad entered the living room with his hair all ruffled and in a pair of grey joggers. 'I woke up and you weren't beside me.' He mumbled with a pout as he walked over to kiss me.

He sat down beside me and I gave him some of the blanket to share. 'You felling okay?' He asked. I shook my head. 'I woke up at about 8, my stomach is quite sore.' I said.

'You should've woke me! Do you reckon it's contractions?' He wondered. 'I think it may be the start of them.' I sighed knowing all the pain I would have to face. But at the end of the day we get to hold our lil bub.

'How about I'll make us something to eat then we'll take it from there?' Brad offered. I nodded my head and kissed his cheek before he stood and went to make us some food.

As Brad left and went in the kitchen I was getting sharp pains across my stomach. 'Brad!' I shouted as he rushed in. He sat down beside me, calming me.

I stood up and water began to trickle down my leg. 'I think my waters have broke!' I shouted. 'I-ah right ok-okay just sit down and I'll go get the hospital bag.' He stuttered as he ran up the stairs to get the bag containing everything we would need.

Within a minute he returned and helped me up off of the sofa. As we walked out of the house Brad whispered. 'Let's go have our baby.'

-

The time was now 11:45AM. I had gotten a bed and changed into the hospital gown. Brad sat beside me on the uncomfortable hospital chair, bless. We had text our parents, Nat, Nicola and Lucas as well as Luna, Sophia and Con, Brad obviously texting his other band mates.

Tris and James lived in London and as soon as they heard I was in labour they wanted to travel down but Brad told them to wait until I was home with the baby.

I had obviously met them both loads over the few years I've known Brad but because they're in London and Con's in Birmingham as well I've always been closer to Con.

Me and Brad had been sat talking about names for the past 15 minutes. We were still unsure if it would be a he/she and we were still unsure of names for them both.

'Ah fuck!' I groaned as I felt another contraction. Brad put his hand out of me to hold as stood up beside me. 'That's it, that's it.' He said in a soothing tone.

By now he was bound to have no blood left in his hand. As the contraction was ending a nurse came in. 'I'm just going to check how dilated you are love.' She spoke to which I just nodded.

'You're about 8cm so you'll be able to push soon.' She said before leaving. 'Fuck Brad I'm not ready.' I cried into his chest as he hugged me.

'El baby look at me. This is what we have been waiting for. This is a part of me and you. Our little family will be okay.' He said in a hushed tone. 'Fuck I love you.' I groaned before kissing his lips.

-

Around an hour and a half later I felt like I was ready. Brad called doctor in and he confirmed I was ready to push.

Brad returned to my side. 'Come on you can do this.' He whispered before kissing my head. 'I can do this.' I said through the pain.

After a few pushes and my grip of Brad's hand never loosening, 'And we just need one more big push.' The doctor ordered.

'Hey baby we're nearly there.' Brad beamed. 'One, two, three!' The doctor shouted. With everything in me I pushed.

We waited to hear our baby cry. But the room remained silent. The only noise audible was the noise of the doctors and nurses rushing around the room as I sobbed into Brad's chest, tears rolling down Brad's face too.