Prologue: Inevitable Fate

A demon kingdom.

In the Divine Realm, it is one of the strongest powers, rivalling the Kingdom of Light. If not for a strong counterforce preventing divine beings from descending in the mortal world, it would've been already shattered into pieces.

"Heh. I did not expect that I would be felled here, right in the middle of my kingdom."

"A kingdom capable of interweaving a hundred laws is terrifying indeed."

"But the one who broke it is even more terrifying."

A demon who looked just like a normal human spoke to the robed mage who mastered thousands of laws. That demon, along with his black battle garb and his crown, indicated that he is the demon god.

"If I didn't have the time to develop, I would surely lose."

"Humble words. How long do you think is the Kingdom of Light fighting against me? Hundred years? Thousand years? No, it's more than half a million years."

"Then it seems that their teaching method is ineffective."

The robed mage pointed out to the outside of his Emperor's Hall. There, hundreds of heroes from different eras are fighting against the powerhouses of the demon kingdom, with each of them rivalling a god. All of them are his disciples.

"Haha. Those old fogeys from the forbidden zone would be angered if they heard your remarks."

"Them? We'll see who'll be beaten up."

"True."

Silence pervaded the hall once again as the two of them looked towards each other. Unbeknownst to the demon god, the robed mage had been operating with his source power ever since he stepped in the Emperor's Hall, slowly analyzing all the available laws in the surroundings before disabling them.

As long as he buys more time, the advantage would be tilted more to their side.

"What a shame, I can't even self-destruct normally."

"Normally?"

"Big bosses usually have their cards or two. They still have their pride, duh."

"Right."

"When it comes to me, I personally dislike my enemies having something to gain when I die."

The demon god looked at the direction of his treasury as he said this.

Boom!

An explosion occurred. Moments later, all of his treasures gathered in half a million years are now gone.

"This is truly... unexpected."

The robed mage raised up his arm, calling forth thousands of laws to manipulate time. With that, the treasury is now back to its former state.

"Fuck. You are a monster."

"Well, thank you."

Seeing that his attempt didn't work, he just sat down in the throne helplessly.

"Since it'll be the end of me, won't you show your true appearance to me?"

"My appearance?"

"Yep. You liked being oh-so-mysterious that you didn't even show it to anyone else except your disciples. I'm just curious, that's all."

The robed mage didn't reply, but he slowly took off the plain black robe covering his head. Then again, he took off the white hood that was attached to his luxurious white robe filled with different kinds of jewelry.