Chapter 123: Unlimited Respawns

"Sigh... She's really..."

Shiro murmured after walking away from Madoka's house. Helplessness could be heard from his voice before his eyes sported a sharp look. In a carefree manner, he called out:

"We're not playing hide-and-seek, or are we?"

"Alright."

Not far from him, a one-tailed white fox with scarlet eyes sat beside the road. It didn't open its mouth, but it spoke out to him like a normal person.

Suddenly, Shiro said, "Your next line will be... 'What an interesting human.' "

"What an interesting-" The fox, Kyuubey, paused just before it could finish its words. "Do you have the ability to read minds, foreigner?"

"Foreigner?" He asked.

"You might not admit about this, but I saw through your strange aura the moment we met."

It was during the time Shiro clashed with Homura for the first time, and Kyuubey was 'badly wounded'. As a special race whose goal is to preserve and prevent the end of the universe, each of their powers are immense; thus, seeing through his real identity is not impossible for it.

"Most importantly... You three weren't supposed to be here." Kyuubey added.

Hearing this, Shiro's eyebrows rose as he tilted his head, looking at Kyuubey with his [Six Eyes] fully visible.

Beep-!

[Investigation—Universal Truth: 10/40]

Beep-!

[Official Quest: Midnight Encounter]

Details: Kyuubey, the Incubator overseeing this world, sensed your peculiarity and decided to meet you. Based from your responses, a set of appropriate actions will be dealt by him.

Objective: State your side firmly.

Reward/s: 200,000 Soul Points, 1 Appraisal Attempt (S)

Two consecutive notifications rang out, causing Shiro to pay attention here for a split second. This was caught by Kyuubey, however, as it drew some sorts of conclusion based on his reactions.

Truly, high-level fights are mostly made out of 70% deducing, analyzing, and planning, while the remaining 30% is the actual fight, which wouldn't last long if it's an even match.

Shiro also used this tactic on Homura and successfully drew many inferences and information based from her reactions alone. Though, it became possible due to his high Wisdom stats.

Realizing this mistake, he went back to his previous expression.

"About Witches and Magical Girls...I want to ask you about one thing."

"What is it?" Kyuubey disappeared from the side of the road and re-appeared on top of a lamp post.

"You're the one who contracted Magical Girls by offering Witches. If so... is the thing about Magical Girls being Witches your plans too?"

Tap-! Tap-!

Raindrops fell from the sky. With each passing second, it grew stronger. Though, what's strange is that neither Shiro nor Kyuubey got wet, with the former using a spell to ward off the raindrops on him.

"That's right."

Without hesitation, Shiro drew his [Cosmic Destroyer] from his [Dimensional Storage] and pointed it at Kyuubey.

[Time Accel]!

[Time Accel]!

[Time Accel]!