Chapter 148: The Singularity

"That is the vision of ten minutes into the future."

The moment Madoka noticed her surroundings shifting back to normal, her nerves had relaxed slightly. Still, she couldn't shrug off the depressing feeling that she felt in that vision.

Noticing her abrupt change, her mother asked:

"Are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

"Mn, I'm fine."

With her usual smile, Madoka managed to hide the pain that she felt right now. In the end, even with everyone's help, they would end up losing.

However, what she didn't know is that... she underestimated their capabilities. She didn't know about Shiro's [Fellraiser Chain] nor [Ultimate Chain], There's also Roman's [0th Form] and Touka's [Judgement Descent], each of whom are capable of being called their "Final Attack".

While the vision that Kyuubey had shown is true, it didn't show the entire truth. Even if Shiro dies, he still has his "A Foreigner's Buff" that nullifies the concept of 'death' itself on him, making revival possible.

Though, that vision is enough to fool a gullible 14-year old girl. Yes, she might've been taught by the adults for more than half a month, but it couldn't change her fundamental self—she doesn't want anyone to get hurt for herself.

In a sense, it is a hypocritical thinking. Others can't choose to sacrifice themselves, but only she can?

With some strange manipulation, Tomohisa and Tatsuya separated from them for a while as they met their relatives. This left Junko and Madoka alone in a quiet place; they left the crowded inside of the evacuation shelter, hence they arrived at its portion where there's no people present.

The latter heaved a deep sigh as she finally decided.

"Kaa-san, I have something to do."

"Is that so..? Why do you need to ask me for permission?"

"It is something... huge."

Hearing Madoka's vague explanation, she was confused. As a mother, however, her instincts did told her that Madoka is telling the truth. Thus, she began asking:

"Is it something bad?"

"No..."

"Is it something that will harm others?"

"No..."

"Then what are you hesitating for?"

"..."

Right now, Madoka's chest felt heavy—very much so. Once she uses up her wish, what can happen to her is unknown. Even the trio from the Chat Group couldn't guess much since their power system in this world is very unique.

Because it is based on their karmic weight, what can someone with illimitable karmic threads can do? What can someone who can blind the entire Earth in Touka's [Tyrant's Eye] can do?

At the very least, she will become a goddess. Once that happens, there's no knowing if Madoka can still continue her normal life. In hindsight, she's giving up her everything just for the sake of others.

After all, she saw her mentor and both of her parents die right in front of her. It is NOT normal for a 14-year old girl to experience this hellhole.

"Thank you for everything..!"

Watching her run off to the distance, Junko felt a pang of pain in her chest. It's as if she wouldn't see her daughter once more...

Tears fell off on Madoka's eyes as she said, "Kyuubey, grant my wish."