Chapter 121: Shocking Confirmation; Divine Keys

While the [Cosmic Destroyer] has illimitable power, it followed the concept of normal guns; not because it is restricted, but it's the most optimal way to bring out its power. With it being in its Handgun Form, each bullet's power is perfectly balanced. But, if its 13 skills are added into the mix...

Its destructive power can reach another level altogether.

[Quest Completed. Reward settlement...]

[+1,000,000 Soul Points]

[+1 Weapon Enhancement Card]

...

Two windows popped up, informing him of his finished quest.

"This counted, alright." He murmured as he noticed his surroundings going back to normal.

Without the Witch that serves as the Anchor, the labyrinth naturally disappeared. What replaced it is a black jewel that resembled an egg.

'Eerie.'

That's the only thought that Shiro has upon seeing it, simply because of one reason: It resembled a Magical Girl's Soul Gem. Though, its color is dark in this case.

Thanks to Madoka that kept them informed about these basic things, which is something that he learned from Mami, the group has a more complete picture on the Magical Girl System.

Tilting his head down, Shiro's [Six Eyes] went full throttle as he tried to pry more about it. The Witch's core, the so-called Grief Seed, floated in his right hand before closely examining it.

Beep-!

[Official Quest updated. "Changing Destinies, Rewriting the World (Part 2)" is now active.]

[Official Quest: Purify the Witch]

Details: Witches, whom are once Magical Girls, fell and transformed into an evil entity due to varying reasons. In this universe, there hasn't been a single case whereas Witches can return to their former form. As the one whose destiny isn't clear, influencing other's is but a simple matter.

Objective: Remove the Evil deeply-rooted into ### ####'s existence.

Reward/s: 3M Soul Points, 5 Random Ability Card, 1 Ability Upgrader (SS), 1 Buff Upgrader (SS)

"I see..."

With this, Shiro confirmed that this System of his... it follows his will. Back when he received his first mission in Terra, he would've met that convoy eventually, considering how he's in the same route as them. The mission only shortened the said meeting time and gave him a general objective.

Then there's the SAO-related things, in which it pops up every time he gets a new quest in the game. Even the healing of Konno Yuuki is already planned by him—to spice things more, of course.

Lastly is this quest. He wondered if [Hell Flames Ignition] has an effect to these Grief Seeds due to a single phrase:

[With a single contact, it burns away all the evil found in the target.]

At first, he thought that it'll continue burning the target the more evil that they has, something that brought him confidence when fighting against Heroic Spirits with Evil Affiliation. Only a bit of his mana is needed to maintain it, thus it would keep burning in proportion to their evil.

However, this all changed when he encountered corrupted things.

'If it's corrupted, would it burn the corruption instead of the entire target?' He thought at that time.

Thus, Shiro thought of a very plausible way to convert these Witches back to their human forms. Though, he never expected the revelation that came with this.