Chapter 74: Luck Strikes Back

After Shiro fully woke up, the two decided to go back to their base, which is a mansion in the 1st Floor. They got it cheaply since there's not much player competition in this city; due to the fact that most of them got traumatized by Kayaba's announcement here.

Kuroneko decided to rest even though it's only late afternoon, leaving Shiro alone in this house.

Well, he's not actually alone as he saw someone in their private library.

"Oh, you're here."

Roman said while he read a book. In actuality, he's actually reading the contents of the Chat Group panel. The only reason why he did this is that SAO's Cardinal might find something amiss if they kept staring in thin air for a long time.

It could also see the player's main menu, so this is the only way.

"I've been meaning to ask you something..."

"What is it?"

Shiro sat down beside him as he randomly picked a book and said, "How did you handle your romantic relationships before?"

"Ah?"

From the looks on his face, Roman hadn't expected him to ask this question. Shiro's not the type to ask things about romance, but Roman didn't knew that he only didn't care about it in the past.

With all the rising romantic tension in Shiro's surroundings, only someone as dense as a neutron star wouldn't notice it!

"Even if you ask me about this, it might not be helpful, y'know?"

"I know, but I would like a reference, to say the least."

"If that's what you like..."

Soon, stories of Roman interacting with his wives were told by him. Upon hearing some of this, he thought, 'As expected of the harem king.'

By what he meant by that, he meant it literally.

During his time as a king, his harem is so large that even Shiro was shocked by it. Yes, it might be due to politics that he decided to marry them, but he really "cared" for each of them despite his true nature of being unable to share their joys and suffering.

'He's a playboy like Merlin, alright. Nothing less from Grand Casters.' He thought.

Likes attract likes. Perhaps this is why they got acquainted.

Unknowingly, it turned from a normal lecture to "How to Handle Your Harem 101" kind of teaching. Roman continued telling his story with a nostalgic look while Shiro listened while praising him internally from time to time.

By the time it ended, the sky turned dark.

"Phew. I didn't expect that I'll be telling some of my past like this."

"Looks like I owe you one."

"Then, you can just fulfill it after you pay Chaldea a visit."

"Your world, huh? I'm lying if I say that I'm not interested in it."

Looking at the unopened book on top of the table, he saw that it is entitled "Faraway Lights: Astrology".

'Hm..? F...L...A..?'

(A/N: FLA=Fluctlight Acceleration)

The unsettling feeling inside of him became very stronger after seeing this familiar abbreviation. All of a sudden, he flipped the book open, surprising Roman who is about to get some snacks.

Pages were being turned in too fast that it almost created an afterimage.

"No way..."

"What is it?" Roman asked with interest.