Chapter 166: SHINJI Meets EMIYA

"You're looking for... Shiro-san?" Shirou asked him.

"That's right. Do you know where he is?"

SHINJI was surprised as he asked that question randomly, but he attributed it to his aniki's insane luck.

"Well... He should be talking to his 'sister-in-law' in the field."

"I see. Th-"

SHINJI disappeared from his spot and blocked EMIYA's attack that was aimed to kill the defenseless Shirou. With the former's back facing him, SHINJI immediately did a roundhouse kick to force him to disengage.

Clang-!

The spear in his hands flexibly struck Kanshou away from EMIYA's hand, achieving the purpose of this unexpected counterattack. SHINJI lowered his stance as he readied to do a piercing attack towards him.

"EMIYA... No, this is confusing. Right, Archer." He spoke calmly. "From our meeting on Chaldea, I originally thought that you're the chill guy. Turns out, you're really different regarding Shirou-san."

"...Looks like you met me in a different timeline. Still..." EMIYA muttered the first line of his chant before he projected a bow and his arrow, Caladbolg II. "He has to die."

Boom-!

[Ichor: Eos—Imitation]!

Red aura covered SHINJI's spear swiftly as the Caladbolg II came in contact with it. EMIYA didn't become careless as he sent one Caladbolg II after another, in which SHINJI comes out unscathed as he charged forward to him.

Boom-! Boom-!

'Where did he-?!'

EMIYA's eyes darted around as his [Clairvoyance—C] became more evident. This ability of his, which enabled him to count the number of tiles of the Fuyuki bridge from a skyscraper... couldn't find SHINJI!

"..?!"

His danger senses rang out loud as he projected his twin blades and did a cross block. At the next moment...

Bam-!

A huge impact ran through him, pushing him back by dozens of steps. His projections cracked immediately until it slowly turned into light particles.

"Huff..."

EMIYA looked at the kid who was responsible for dealing such a strong blow to him. He knew that the kid in front of him is SHINJI, but there's something that sets the Shinji of the present and the SHINJI here.

If the former self's aura is that of a pathetic and useless person, the latter is someone who has self-confidence. It is not arrogance as it is shown that SHINJI is shrewd enough to disappear in the middle of their fight and deal that blow.

"You... I'm still not your match, huh." He muttered as he took out a [Restorative Potion (R)] and drank it. With that, SHINJI could feel that his lost aura reserves went back. "I'll have to do more training, then."

[Flash (Grand Knight)]!

[Ichor: Eos—Imitation]!

A sphere of bright white light appeared and blinded everyone except for EMIYA who saw it coming. The moment it died down, he is surprised once more to see SHINJI disappear without any prior notice.

'I'll have to use it.' He thought as he started chanting:

"I am the bone of my sword.

Steel is my body; fire is my blood

I have known ten thousand swords-"

BAM-!

He was pushed back once more, but the damage was less even though he only used Kanshou and Bakuya—the same as before.