Chapter 4: Shinji's Future

Shiro opened his eyes the moment he returned back to his truck. He saw the truck's digital clock and saw that not even a single minute had passed.

"Time control?"

He became more and more interested to the chat group due to this. But first, he decided to open his random rewards first.

"There are now two panels..."

When he saw the two panels side by side, he compared the two of them.

For his first panel, it possessed the power to level up, gain masteries from others, issue quests, and show an accurate data of the host. There should be more functions after those, but he hadn't encountered them yet.

As for the Chat Group's panel, it consisted of daily rewards (points), point store, free lounge entry (2 hours), missions, and public/private chats (which is the main point of the chat group). There's also the function of this panel being attached to another device and vice versa (Attached/Panel Mode).

There should be some more functions just like his first panel, though he hadn't unlocked them yet.

Queen of Nightmare: I found it! I found which anime the others belong to!

Queen of Nightmare sent Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel!

Queen of Nightmare sent Muv-Luv Alternative!

Queen of Nightmare sent Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Queen of Nightmare sent Fate/Grand Order (10 attached files)

Double-Robed Supreme Magus: Thanks for your hard work.

Queen of Nightmare: It's nothing, just some few searches on the web.

With what Kuroneko sent in the Chat Group, we finally knew the futures of these three.

The first anime is related to Shinji. The story is quite confusing, but the main point in that anime is that Shinji's a scumbag. A scumbag that you would like to beat up to death. He died as a pathetic and caused trouble to his adopted sister too!

Not only that, he even violated her for 3 consecutive years. This is the boiling point. 

'What a god awful anime. Though, Shinji-kun is still a kid.', he thought. As long as he is put in the right path, he would definitely change for the better.

Meanwhile, Muv-Luv Alternative is a Visual Novel that is all about a young man who went back in time. His mission is to prevent  the completion of Alternative Plan V, which is to send 100,000 humans in space and leave the rest to fight the so-called BETA (Beings of Extraterrestrial which is Adversary to the human race). To do this, he must complete the Alternative Plan IV, which is to have pace talks with these BETAs.

Kouzuki Yuuko is the vice-commander of the Yokohama base where most of the story would occur. She is the main proponent of the Alternative Plan IV as well.

 Lastly is Takanashi Touka's anime. It tells the story about her sister (who's a severe chuunibyou), the male protagonist, and her other friends as they do a whole lot of shenanigans. Without any prior knowledge, the fight scenes in this anime would make the watchers believe that this is really a fantasy anime, when in fact it is not.

Unfortunately, the stories of both Shiro and Kal'tsit isn't available in the worlds of the members.

Reliable Sister: That's my sister and... Yuuta-kun?

Carefree Doctor: It must be hard taking care of your sister.

Double-Robed Supreme Magus: +1

Queen of Nightmare: +1

Greatest Genius Sensei: +1

Expressionless Doctor: I agree.

'What about Shinji-kun?'

*****

"I... I became like this?"

After skimming through Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel, he found out what kind of person he will be in the future. 

Pathethic, abominable, twisted...

Even before he died, he never gained the so-called acknowledgement that he always sought. Instead, all he got is a "Trash" from his grandfather. As for his father, he left when he found out the truth of the Matou Family's worm cave.

Abominable, since he did all sorts of horrible stuff to such a kind sister of his. 

Twisted, as he really turned out to be someone so vile due to the upbringing of the Matou Family.

As a pure child who only has a fake air of arrogance to hide his insecurities, he didn't want all of this to happen.

'I'd better disappear instead of that happening!'

He only felt depressed right now. Unlike before, he couldn't even have that usual mindset of "As long as I do my best, they'll definitely acknowledge me!"

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: Are you alright?

"Shiro-aniki?"

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: It's too much for a kid to know his terrible future, isn't it?

[Private] Future Bastard: I now know the reason behind my nickname.

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: ...

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: I won't tell you not to care about it, but do remember that your predestined future can be changed.

'I can change my future?', he thought. Recalling the memories of the last 2 hours, he regained some of his hope.

[Private] Future Bastard: How can I change my future?

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: There are many ways, but I suggest that you try being a Rune Magician/Aura Knight first. Then, we'll see what to do after you test your aptitude.

[Private] Future Bastard: Alright. Thank you, Shiro-aniki.

At this moment, Shinji tried the two techniques that were passed down to him during their time in the lounge.

*****

Shiro tapped the steering wheel as he stopped 10km away from Colombia's borders. This is also the place that Kal'tsit mentioned to him when they planned meeting in Terra.

When he first saw the Originum Arts on the points store, he knew that they were in the same world.

[Private] Expressionless Doctor: I'll arrive in two days.

[Private] Double-Robed Supreme Magus: Copy that.

'She's studying something called "The Great Silence" that is involved in the Aegir civilization underwater. Wait, the sea?'

He recalled the two strange feelings that he sensed before which originated from Skadi and Andreana.

'They must be related to those guys.", he thought.

[Ding! You earned 99 points.]

It was only at this time that Shiro did redeem his daily points. As long as one checks in, they'll receive points ranging from 1~100. With his high luck, he might be able to earn the fastest out of the group.

He then scrolled through the point store. At this point, only stuff related to the group members are here. There's an [Increase Magic Circuit], [Tyrant's Eye (Real)], [XF-2000a Typhon], [Application of Life and Death], and so on.

When he scrolled further, there's some stuff that made his heart beat more quickly. There are True Magic in it! Just by having one, they could contend against Type-Level beings such as the Ultimate One of Mercury, Ultimate One of Venus, etc...

Though, the points that it require is heaven-defying.

'Hmph, I'll try acquiring it first before acquiring it through the group chat.'

He swore that he would never rely much on the shining "Random Spin" prompt above the points store, never!