Chapter 171: Shinji Matou; Sakura Matou

"While the extremely adorable event is happening, something else is happening inside a 5-star hotel built as a replacement for Hyatt Hotel, the former thirty-story hotel that collapsed due to a "gas leak".

"Destroyed..? Killed..?"

"That is so, Sa-Matou-san. I lured out the household servants and only Zouken, Byakuya, and... Shinji died."

Minutes before Shinji's arrival to Homuhara Academy, the first thing that he did is to destroy the Matou's in this world. Since Shinji is, luckily, at school, he got killed lastly. If not, he would've joined Byakuya and Zouken at their sudden deaths.

"Nii-san... why?"

Hearing this, Shinji got startled that he almost jumped from his spot. Thankfully, he's not facing her right now, lest Sakura would know how chaotic his thoughts is.

"You... Forget about it. Every Matou in this world deserved death, don't forget that. Byakuya did nothing to save you. Zouken killed Kariya, the only one that cared for your safety, and ravaged your body with worms twice a day. Shinji... that little fucker deserves to die..!"

For the first time, he felt his insecurities once more—his feelings when he first saw his future. Without his aniki's and the other's intervention, he would've ended up exactly the same. Violating Sakura whenever the crest worm's effects reaches its peak, beating her up due to his inflated ego and inferiority complex..

It's too much that he even wanted to kill himself at one time. Fortunately, he realized a reason for living, not only for himself but also for others. Having Sakura by his side, he knew how to be a good big brother just for once. If he could make her happy even in only a single world line, that's enough.

He would atone his sins by being a good person.

Though, he didn't expect that he would have the chance to travel to another world—his own world to be exact. In the first place, he decided to go here to help his aniki AND to fulfill his own wishes.

...

Once the bright light dissipated, Shinji saw a familiar yet unfamiliar place right away.

"This place... isn't this where Fuyuki Fire took place?" He mumbled as he saw the dried trees that surrounded this field. Ten years ago, it had been a park where many child ran. Now, it is nothing but a desolate place.

"So I... really traveled in this world?"

Soon, he started walking aimlessly. From there, Shinji saw many places that existed a decade ago. Though, there are also many places that simply disappeared. The favorite bakery of the siblings, the place where they ate breakfast the most, the clothing store that they frequently visited...

Shinji couldn't help but be nostalgic upon seeing these sights. Even though those places still existed in his world, it is different in this world. Furthermore...

"Sakura..."

One of the things that he's grateful the most is his aniki saving Sakura from that horrendous fate. Her life is much better as she's currently studying arduously to become a better magus. Her unique affinity, [Imaginary Number], allowed her to store her attacks in that space. Meaning, she can cast a single fireball everyday and release it in the future.

Moreover, she can also seal spiritual beings inside that space, imprisoning them for eternity until she lets them out. Its main weakness against physical bodies are also resolved by using a soul separation spell, enabling her to briefly pull out someone's soul from his or her body. She only required that brief moment before she could skewer and imprison that soul inside the [Imaginary Number Space].