Chapter 58: Elven Prince

"Finally..."

Hours of clearing up mobs, fighting against five other field bosses, and fatigue is what they paid to arrive in front of this gigantic door. It has the same design as the ones in the labyrinths, but much bigger.

"Magic. is. cool!"

Though, a single girl couldn't help but be excited every time she sees magic. Whenever she sees runes and magic circles, stars appeared in her eyes.

"Hey, Shiro. Can I learn that too?"

"...Maybe."

He can only shrug his shoulders. Since he knew that she's an A.I., how could she possess magic circuits and the likes? Still, using mana might be possible inside this game.

"Shiro."

Suddenly, Kuroneko called out.

"Mn?"

"Look, a ghost."

She calmly pointed towards the nearly transparent figure lying near the huge door. If one wouldn't focus their sights, they wouldn't find it easily.

Shino is the first one to lose calm.

"A g-ghost?!Where?!"

"T-they exist?!"

Surprisingly, Strea looked just as scared as Shino, making Shiro dumbfounded.

"You too?!"

'An AI that is scared of ghosts? You can be more scientific!' He retorted in his mind.

"Aniki, should I?"

Shinji readied his [Light Magic] as it is effective against spiritual beings such as ghosts.

"No need. Look, there's an exclamation mark on top of his head."

"I see."

They are all too familiar with this sight. Whenever there's a golden exclamation mark in an NPC, it could only mean one thing - quest!

They quickly got closer to it before initiating a conversation with it.

"Hello. You need some help?"

"Ah."

The moment the silhouette heard Shiro, his dazed eyes became sharp. It scanned the group for a moment before letting out a tired yet shocked voice.

"You are... users of mana?"

"...That's right. How did you know?"

"Your presence. Ever since the Great Separation, magic disappeared. But how..?"

It seemed to be in some sort of contemplation before it snapped back to reality by itself.

"It doesn't matter. Everyone here must be strong enough to reach the end of this dungeon. So..." It paused for a moment, hesitating on whether it should ask their help or not until it came to a conclusion. "Can you help me kill my father?"

As he said it, a notification window appeared in front of everyone here, Strea included.

===========

«Undead Exorcism»

Details: The former Forest Elf King, Nazadiel, resurrected once more as a terrifying undead with great martial prowess. Together with his soldiers, he will run rampant in the lands of the steel castle. On the other hand, his son wishes to put him into rest as his final request.

Quest Completion: The death of the undead Elf King.

Accept / / Deny

===========