Chapter 159: One of Them

When the three of them saw Sayaka's so-called "sensei", the majority of his face is covered by an oversized hood. This made it so that they didn't see his true appearance.

Now that they did, all of them are stunned. The small child in front of them has a perfectly round face, a pair of light amber pupils, and his hair which is a mix of black and white. His pale skin made another contrast to him, giving off the vibes of a child who needs to be protected.

"E-eh... I apologize for them." Shirou, who snapped back to reality, swiftly apologized.

"It's fine for this time. Though, isn't this method of information gathering childish?" The child said in a teasing tone.

"You... How could there be another unknown magus in this city?"

Hearing this, the child laughed. Yes, Fuyuki City might've been owned by the Tohsakas in the paper, but it doesn't mean that she'll get to know everything. She doesn't even know the full extent of her biological sister's suffering, but she could exclaim like this now.

"Haha... Everything is possible, young girl."

"Y-young girl?!" Rin exclaimed as if hearing something unbelievable. Since the one who said this is a "child" younger than her, she couldn't believe it for a second.

The child continued, "Just like that... ritual of sorts. It seems that your 'mana' is inside him. Is it what I think it is?"

Rin seemingly couldn't process it as she froze. Then, a tinge of redness spread to her cheeks as she realized the underlying meaning of that statement.

"N-NO! THAT'S NOT IT!!!"

Suddenly, Sayaka appeared between them and prevented her from being one step closer to the child.

"It's fine, Sayaka-chan."

"...Alright."

The child, Shiro, skillfully diffused the tension that rose between them. Rin took this time to explain that what they used is a ritual whereas only skinship is needed. The person involved in it would see the other person's memories, akin to a Master seeing the Servant's memories.

(A/N: This is the retconned version of "Mana transfer" in non-eroge versions of Fate.)

"You don't have to defend yourself that much, you know?" Shiro paused for a while before looking at Shirou who was still in an apron. "As for your problem... It's best if we talk about it properly."

"My problem..?" Shirou murmured confusedly.

In the end, they settled the thing in the guest room before proceeding to the living room with a kotatsu.

Shiro took the initiative to speak first.

"First of all... Whoever taught you is a bad teacher... I'm not saying that he's necessarily a bad person, though."

"He's not a bad person... but I've heard Rin mention this to me as well..."

During the time Shirou told Rin of his achievements as a magus, the latter was in disbelief due to how badly Shirou got taught. He learned the three basic magecraft, which is [Projection], [Reinforcement], and [Alteration], but he doesn't know about the others in-depth. He's also clueless about magus organizations, advanced spells, and his circuits are even awakened in some unorthodox ways!

While others strengthen their control over their Magic Circuits, he's there withstanding all those pain that he could've avoided if taught well.

"Sayaka-chan, can you point out his problems?" Shiro instructed. "Since you volunteered to teach him, I believe that you know it well."