Chapter 18: Knowing One's Shortcomings

The moment Shiro decided to came back through the Chat Group panel, dizzying amounts of notifications were immediately heard. Checking what was going on, he saw that the Chat Group scrolled down at a very fast rate.

Messages kept coming in one after another until Shiro decided to close it first.

looking beside him, he saw Kal'tsit who's having the same trouble as him.

"I'm sorry. Looks like we'll have this kind of problem once someone in our world takes a quest."

"...I've dealt with something worse."

Kal'tsit said so with quite a strange expression. Only if Shiro knew that this is also how she explained things back in Babel...

However, his mind is pre-occupied to ask these kinds of things right now. Doing the math, he didn't simply receive 2,000 Points during the quest.

Counting the days that he spent during the quest, he stayed in Shinji's world for almost 10 days. That also meant him having nearly 900 more points due to the daily points that he received.

'Since only Terra had its time stopped, the others definitely has more points by now. Only Doctor Kal'tsit got left out.' He thought as he thought of some things that he can give to her right now.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?"

"For making you lose points."

Shiro explained the thing about her points. Yes, she had this slightly disappointed eyes, but she had hidden it from him. 

"No need."

"...I'll make it up with you. How about this, I owe you a favor? You can ask me to do anything."

"Anything?"

Her eyebrows rose as she asked that question.

"Well, anything except selling my body. You can ask me to kill someone, even."

Hearing him saying this, her disappointment was gone. Understandably, she's the one who needed the points the most, so as to unravel the cure behind oripathy.

It is her lifelong goal, something that lasted for more than 13,000 years.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Phew... How about we have a cake when we stop?"

"A cake?"

"Oh, I forgot about this matter in Terra."

As an important compound on Terra, desserts are expensive in this world. 

'Poor guys, even sweets are expensive here.'

He is very thankful that not only can he travel to various worlds, he could also buy confectionaries using points.

"It'll be delicious, definitely."

"Alright."

***** 

Inside the SUV, the two ate the Confectionary Cake at the living quarters section. After placing the Strawberry Cake in the table, Shiro took out a steel knife brought from Shinji's world before cutting the cake into portions.

Shiro placed the first slice on Kal'tsit's plate before putting one in his plate.

Taking a bite, he tasted the symphony of sweetness in his mouth. The strawberry blended in further, making the cake not too sweet.

"I'll never get tired of eating this. Doctor Kal'tsit, how is it?"

He looked at her, only to see that she was spacing out.