Chapter 30: Eternal Sovereign's Throne

"...This is... a new world?"

"That's what I've said."

Shiro shrugged his arms while supporting his face with his right hand. With a thought, he separated the two Grand Knights away from Ferdinand before enveloping them with a transparent red barrier.

They seemed to have snapped out of something, but it is too late. Franka lost her weapon while Liskarm's shield isn't really something for attacking.

"Enjoy the performance."

Shiro connected his mana to the 'controller' that looked like a collection of magic circles in his armrest, making the throne room shake for a bit. Dark red lasers shot out from the walls as black-red lightning rained down from the ceiling.

Added to that is his black sword adorned with jewels from the guard up to its pommel. He manipulated it in the air using the [Sword Manipulation Technique] that he got from the draws before. With his currently unlocked memories, he merged it along with others to make the sword faster and easier to control.

All he had to do is to build a connection using his mental power, which is surprisingly easy.

This time, Ferdinand dodged the flying sword while bringing his barrier. He knew that without it, he'll be turned into specks of dust by these lasers.

'I-I need to buy more time! These attacks will surely consume great amount of energy, so I only need to come closer..!'

With this barrier created using dozens of demons' essence in the far north, it almost has the same attributes as the alien gods, the leaders of the demons.

Right now, only the far north and far south are inhabited by demons, making his pursuit of power stronger as its his form of self-preservation to the future storm that will sweep through Terra.

'I won't die! I won't die! I'll have the last laugh!'

Pssshk-!

'W-what's this..?'

As he looked down, he saw a sword impaling his chest. His heart is crushed while one of his lungs exploded, making him cough out blood. Losing control to the device, his barrier disappeared.

'Da-'

A moment later, his body got turned into charcoal by the lightning strikes before it turned into dust. The attacks stopped after receiving Shiro's order.

What was left in the ground is a circular metallic object with black liquid on its center.

[Quest Completed! Rewards settlement...]

[+30,000 Soul Points]

[+3 Weapon Enhancement Cards]

[+2 Arts Affinity (Oxygen & Carbon)]

Taking the object to his [Dimensional Storage], he released the two from the barrier. Without even waiting for their reactions, he turned off his Reality Marble, returning the three of them in the tomb.

[Private] Kal'tsit: "I can't stop her. Surtr is heading over there."

A second after reading this message, he heard a loud thud above. This tomb is actually right below the entrance, which only means that...

"You might want to get out of here, ladies. Someone troublesome is on her way here..."

"...Ah?"

"We will. Thank you mister!"

Franka dragged the still confused Liskarm to the exit as she knew that he doesn't have any intention to harm them. If he did, they would've been dead the moment he launched those lasers.