Chapter 149: The Eternal Sovereign

"This can't be helped..."

As soon as Roman said that, he began chanting his [High-Speed Divine Words]. Slowly, reality is being bent to his will, albeit in a much weaker way than Touka's. The other reward that he got from the Chat Group, [Campione's Magical Power (SSR)], saturated his body with tons of mana that allowed him to use his magecraft properly once more.

While he didn't have his so-called "Authorities", Roman's experience as the King of Magecraft is enough to maximize its power.

What Roman wants to do is simple: To separate the entity called "Kaname Madoka" from the "Concept" that she's transforming into.

That way, the former would still keep her humanity while achieving her wish—the best ending that they could possibly reach.

However, they still underestimated the strength of that karmic weight that produced such strong [Miracles]. Even if Roman did his best... he could only separate them inwardly at best. Meaning, the final step, which is to completely separate the two, is missing.

Crack-!

Crack-!

The copied rings in Roman's fingers cracked one by one before they dissipated into thin air—all that's left are golden particles which followed its end. The mana in his body got spent completely, making him feel exhaustion comparable to an entire week of all-nighters.

"Damn, I knew this would happen. Most of my plans end up failing, anyways." Roman heaved a deep sigh as he sat down in the cold concrete. "I know your true intentions and all, but in the off chance that we do succeed... Will you let everything be, Akemi-san?"

Homura, who kept silent since she knew that the cold voice and Roman conversed, had her eyes wide open. Just as she was about to ask something, the cold voice, no, the Akemi Homura from the future spoke.

"I will."

*****

Power.

Overwhelming power.

The sense of burning everything into ashes and giving life with a single speck of flame ran through Shiro's entire being. A golden ring appeared on her back, in which seven sword fragments are attached in it.

Instead of the normal mechanical armor, her wrists and legs are now properly covered with the new set. A light blue glint shone in each armaments of hers—a sign of the overflowing [Elemera] attribute that was converted into pure power that matched the level of Kyuubey. The emotions for twintails in all periods of time converged to create this one singular being, a god.

The aura that she emitted can no longer be compared to her previous self. In any onlookers' mind, they would immediately revere her as a god, an unsullied and perfect being.

Shiro's twintails floated for a moment before she can perfectly control her newfound power. With a "tap", she landed back to the ground.

"Hm..? What is this?"

Shiro sensed a strange 'connection' that was formed right after the transformation. It linked her briefly into an existence that possessed the same [Tail Gear] in another world.

Though, it soon dissipated, making her focus on her findings.

"That's why I couldn't break the billion-mark barrier... <Ancient God> is the one above Main Gods, huh."

Right after using the [Tail Gear]'s [Ultimate Chain], some memories that were supposedly locked was unsealed, helping Shiro know of some information that he didn't come across before.